Chapter 15 (Part 1)

She was very close to the noise now.

The sound of scraping of metal reverberated against her eardrums as she crept behind a white pillar and took a peek.

There was a large, grotesque looking creature smashing the brick wall with its three sharp metal claws.

Julie assessed the situation; 'it hasn't noticed me yet,' she observed, 'it could be part of the test to see how I react to it' Julie slid her silky hair behind her right ear keeping her left hand on the pillar, 'but, I have to stay true to the Sisters Code,' then, after consideration, extinguished her flame and pulled a hairband off of her wrist, in the darkness tying the snowy bunch up in a bun, 'I will not attack – only defend' she paused, 'however...' 

A tinge of excitement sparked through her body as she slowly pulled her swords out of her weapon glyphs (this was her first time using them) which glowed slightly as her blades, also slightly emanated light, emerged; '...perhaps the test is a corruption'

She then slowly walked out of cover. The moment she did, the creature turned around. Judging by the three eyes the creature had, Julie figured he noticed her due to the change in the light around them (a change her eyes hardly perceived).

Without hesitation, the creature lunged for Julie with its claws out. She dodged the attack and crouched as she landed, her swords poised, now glowing slightly brighter.

'This does seem like a test, but I must confirm if it really is a corruption before I can take action' she sprang from her crouching position, swords on the defensive, eyeing the creature for an opening.

The monster moved with surprising speed as its claws clashed against Julie's blades.

Julie was thrown to a wall by the impact but did a flip in the air and softened the collision with her legs. She was beginning to sweat.

'This...' she took a breath as she landed on the ground, '...is quite the challenge...' she watched the creature lumber towards her in a clumsy manner, '...that is...' a smile spread over her soft lips as she lifted her hand in the air, '...without magic'

A short burst of bright light erupted from her fist engulfing the entire hall with a brilliant white glow. The creature exclaimed a bellowing roar that came gurgling from within its throat. Its claws covered its eyes as it backed away; its skin began seething stench.

'First sign; fear of light' she covered her nose, 'second sign; smell' she squinted at the looming figure ahead, 'so it is a corruption' this meant she was able to go all out, 'and now it's distracted!' Julie wasted no time in leaping towards the monster.

Her blade pierced the creature's shoulder and it roared in pain, swiping in every direction blindly, its mouth soaked in saliva. It managed to scrape the back of Julie's knee. She knelt on the other side of the hall, feeling the burn.

Both the creature and Julie attended to their own wound.

'It's not a mindless creature since its mending itself which confirms--' Julie put her palm on the back of her knee. Slight golden light started to glow faintly; the wound began closing.

While healing, she widened her eyes trying to get a better view of the creature's wound; it wasn't bleeding. Instead, dark purple fog seemed to flow from it.

'And that hits the final nail in the coffin; an akuma corruption plain as day!' Julie's wound stung as it closed, 'and now my course of action is clear'

Cutting her healing session short, Julie muttered a few words at her swords. The metal on the swords shifted and rippled like liquid until both had ancient similes etched on their blades. 'This should do it!' she thought and lunged.