Prologue

Hello, Beloved! I'm so glad that you're here! Anyways, I just wanted to remind you that this is a work of fiction. Names, places, events, incidents, and the likes may be a product of the author's imagination or used in fictitious manner. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Please do not distribute, publish, transmit, or modify this story without permission.

This story is not affiliated with any enterprises or products mentioned.

Disclaimer: Photo used in the cover is not mine. Credits to the rightful owner! :D

Anyways, enjoy! Hope to see you until the end :)

~*~

[trigger warning: self-harm]

"Atassia Ty has ended contract with CDS Entertainment after the---"

I immediately turned off the TV. My breath started becoming heavy and my eyes are heating up again. Tears uncontrollably feel on my cheeks. I shut my eyes closed aggressively and screamed my chest out. I heard aggressive steps toward my room and loud knocks but I couldn't care less. I feel so sick and tired of this. Of everything.

With trembling hands, I reached for my nightstand's drawer and my breath hitched as I stared at the blade. I can't think straight, my whole body was trembling as I reached it. But before I could even lift it up, the door flew open.

I closed the drawer immediately out of impulse. "Our attorney called, the case has reached the court now. The trial will be next week," he said as soon as he entered my room.

"Your attorney. And I'm leaving next week," I corrected him, looking straight unto his eyes. He sighed. I looked away and hugged my self so I could hide my wrist.

"Love... You'll get the justice you deserve. We're gonna win this one."

"Win?" I retorted. "No one even believed me! T-the first petition for was... was even thrown because they thought I... I... wanted... that!" It was gwtting harder for me to breathe. looked at him hesitantly. "The case is hopeless. I am... I am hopeless!" I screamed hysterically and grabbed a handful of my hair with both hands.

He gently held both of my hands away from my hair and pulled me into a tight hug "Shush... shush, love..." He caressed my back to calm me down.

And after a while, he gently held both of my shoulders so I can face him, but I still looked away. He held my chin to make me look at him. Maingat niya akong tinignan. "Look at me... We're gonna win this. I promise. Malakas na ang laban natin, Tassia... May ebidensya na tayo. May witness na..."

I hate the way he looked at me... Like I was so fragile. And it broke me even more as I saw my reflection in his watery eyes. Like even from his point of view... I'm this weak, helpless, vulnerable piece of shit.

"Then you win that for yourself," I firmly said and harshly turned my head to be free from his grip on my chin.

"Love, you know this isn't about me... Please don't give up on this. Please don't give up on yourself. You... You deserve so much better than this. You're so much better than this. You are worth more than what you think. You are worth fighting for."

How is someone like me... be worth something? I took a deep shaky breath and took a moment to think about it. Will this be worth fighting for? Shall I give it a shot? What if it would just cause me more damage? What if we lost? What if I'd just lose myself even more?