Chapter 4: Blush

He likes the thought of being free, being able to do what he wants, doing things without worrying. He likes being able to just not care about the doubts of the world at all.

Earlier we decided to explore our school's old building, the one that no one uses anymore. That is except when other students needs space to hold their events and booths for school festivals. We decided to have our lunch here, he said that his mom packed him too much so he wanted to share it with me. After we finished we decided to stay up here until before our afternoon class. The air was nice and the sun is shining just enough to keep the day warm.

I remained on my spot while he stood near the railing trying to observe the school from the distance, sunlight shining upon his figure along with the soft wind. "What do you think are you doing?" I asked with a hush voice as I was standing up, some students might hear us from here. He looked at my direction "Doing what?" he asked as he struggled to light up the lighter, "is this thing broken?" he mumbled to himself while shaking it. I let out a frustrated sigh as I walked over to him. "Give it to me" I said calmly when I finally stood in front of him.

He looked at me with a questioning look, well, that look surely is a big no. I tried to calm myself since we are still in fact on school grounds and we might be in trouble if someone knew that we're here. Even though not a lot, if not, no one actually bothered to go here.

"Why should I?" he said with a smirk as he put a stick of cigarette to his lips. Is he challenging me? "I said give it to me" I told him again. I knew he was the type to do things like this but he still surprised me. Smoking is one thing but smoking in school grounds is another story and I wont tolerate it.

"You didn't answer my question" he said looking at me. "Because you are literally planning to smoke on school grounds. Do I even need a reason not to stop you? Now give it here" I said while showing my palm. "Kiss me first" He said with that of a sly smile. I sure am still not used to seeing this side of him, and it's annoying.

I smiled at him sarcastically "Not going to happen" I said as I took another step to him in which he stepped back. He  scoffed then looked at me "Fine, I really thought you're going to fall for that" he said as he took the cigarette from his mouth "Here" he said as he handed it along with the lighter.

"Good" I said and before I knew it, he kissed my cheek. He chuckled at my shocked expression. I felt my cheeks starting to flush. "You're cute" he said. "Wait, are blushing?" he asked. What in the world is he saying. I shook my head then looked at him. "You..." I said looking for words to say. It's embarrassing how he managed to make me unable to retort back. "Me? What, about me?" He said as it was now his turn to step closer. As I was taking a step back I slipped at a rock that I didn't know was there but he managed to catch me.

I met his eyes looking down on me. That's when I realized what is happening. The distance between our faces is too near for my liking. Then I heard the school bell ring which then I managed to compose myself and moved apart from him as i hurried to get my bag. I avoided his eyes "I'll see you after school. Thanks for the lunch, I have to go now." I said while I shoved the things I was holding in my bag without thinking as I was in a hurry. I saw his figure in my peripheral vision as I walked out.

The simple things that he does are the ones that are the most admirable, the way he blinks his eyes when he's flustered, when he touches his fringe unknowingly, or the way that he is so witty with his words.

Status: Edited

A random fun fact about the book that nobody asked for but I'm gonna share anyway:

-This book was an unfinished Jaemin fanfic draft that I made years ago. I made a few changes to it years later and completed the story. Only to realize that the new version fitted Sunwoo better.

A/n: tbz comeback is near and we are still clowning ourselves every 12am kst to wait for teasers that somehow our Creative Kernel doesn't drop.

Anyhoo, it's near Younghoon's birthday and we are getting actor bbang again and our Hak's acting debut in a Netflix Horror Series. A lot is going to happen in deobiland in the next few months, so brace yourselves guys.

Anyhoo stay safe, healthy and beautiful y'all.

Ciao