Chapter 27: Home

"Don't do anything funny kids"
Dad warned as he pointed at us, I laughed understanding what he meant "Dad we won't" I assured "Honey they're still kids. What is going on in your head?" Mom said as she tugged on dad's arm. "What? I'm just making sure" Dad reasoned. "I'll trust you with my daughter, son. Don't make me think otherwise, or else-" Dad slid his thumb in front of his neck, but Sunwoo didn't take it to heart knowing that the old man is just looking out for his only daughter. "You can trust me sir" He said politely with a smile "Don't worry about us, you guys are going to be late" I told them.

"Alright, we'll get going now. If you two are hungry there's plenty of food in the kitchen, call us if you need anything, okay?" Mom said "Copy that" I said with a smile "Bye now" Mom said "Bye, love you" I said as they make their way to the front door "Remember what I told you" Dad said for the last time "Yes, we know, bye Dad" I said he smiled as he waved goodbye at us. I shook my head as I sigh when they finally left. "Sorry about dad, he may seem harsh with his words but he's not actually that bad" I said "It's okay really, I understand him" Sunwoo assured. "So what do you want to do? Did you had breakfast?" I asked him "I don't know and yeah I already had breakfast" he said."Are you sure?" I asked "Yup"

We decided to watch a movie in the living room, nothing special just some random movie. No one bothered to change it. We sat comfortably in the couch covered in soft blankets while munching on some snacks. We sat there in silence both our attention on the movie until it finally ended. "What was that!? That's one awfully written movie and that ending just put the cherry on top of that crap" I said frustrated, we sat here patiently and anticipated an at least good ending but all it ever did was bull. Sunwoo laughed at me while I immediately glared at him "So you think that was funny huh?" I said "Calm down will you? It's just a movie" he said trying to stifle his laugh. I sighed then looked at my phone it is almost lunch time. "Let's cook some lunch" I said getting up.

I am preparing the ingredients for the soup while he sat on the island stool uneasily watching me cut the potatoes. I'm not as bad of a cook as how Jacob described me to be. I know how to cook, enough not to set the kitchen on fire. "Uhm, Han, are you sure you don't need help with that" He asked, I can see him peeking on my peripheral vision. "Nope, I'm good" I said as I glanced at him still sitting there when I accidentally cut my finger. "Dang it" I said as I hissed, he stood up immediately "Are you alright?" he asked "I'm fine" I said. I quickly washed the blood off with water as he came to my side. "Let me see" he said offering his hand, I didn't move, he sighed then pulled my hand gently to have a better look. He guided me to the stool "Sit here, let me get the first aid kit, where is it?" He asked

"I said I'm fine Sun, I can get it myself" I said assuring him. "Where is it" he said, serious. His bright big eyes earlier are replaced by those stern ones. Here he goes again, getting serious and overly protective. "It's at the bathroom cabinet, the bathroom is at the end of that hallway" I said pointing at the hallway behind me "Wait here" he said. He came back with the kit then sit on the stool in front of me. His tongue stuck at the corner of his lips like a kid, as he work on my cut. I noticed that he has really pretty fingers as he wrap the cut delicately and with ease "And we're done" he exclaimed back to his normal self again. "Now sit there and leave the soup to the expert" he said with confidence, I scoffed "Expert" I mimicked him. "What? You don't believe me? Let's see about that" he said. "Just let me finish what I have started" I said getting up and all persistent. "Nope, you're going to get the both of us indigestion. I don't want blood contaminated soup to be my cause of death, Missy." he said as he pushed my shoulders to sit down.

I got offended even though I know it's a joke, but I just let the kid be. Getting bored, I sat there while playing with my phone. Not even 5 minutes have passed I can already smell the soup coming together. He wasn't lying when he said that he's an expert. I watched him slice the vegetables swiftly and skillfully, I was in awe. "So when did you learn how to cook mister chef?" I asked resting my chin on both of my palms "I used to be a part timer at my aunt's barbecue restaurant during summer breaks" he said as he spared a quick glance at me then focused on cooking again. After a few we caught ourselves finishing the food "I accept my defeat mister soup expert" I said as I tapped on my full tummy, of course I didn't let him see that. "Thanks for the compliment malady" he said after drinking his glass of water.

"So what should we do next?" I asked as I put the dishes on the dryer and with him doing the dishes. He offered to wash the dishes reasoning that I have a cut on my finger. I argued that it's just a cut but he ended up doing it anyways. "I don't know, talk?" he suggested as he handed me the last plate with that I put it on the racks and him wiping his hands up with a towel. "Sounds good" I said.

We sat at both ends of the couch facing each other as we sat comfortably. "So what do you want you want to talk about?" I asked as I put a blanket over me. "Uhm, I decided to get a surgery" he said carefully. I don't know what to say, I'm so happy for him. "I have talk about it with my mom and thought of it carefully and we decided to try it at least" he said finally looking up at me, I hugged him immediately my tears streaming he was caught off guard but he eventually hugged me back. He chuckled "Why are you crying?" he asked, I let go of the hug then looked at him "I don't know, I just overwhelmed" I said wiping the tears off. "I'm still scared though. What if something bad happens before, during or after of it" He said as he fiddled with his fingers again. "Don't think like that. I'm here, we're in this together" I assured as I held his hand.

"Thank you Hana, for everything. For being there beside me, for accepting me, for loving me, and yet I hate my self for being a burden to you, to everyone" he said quietly but enough for me to here his voice cracking. "Look at me" I asked him "Don't think like that, you are not a burden and you will never be one. Without you I wouldn't have had a better perspective about the world, so smile for me will you?" I said, he smiled "Geez, why am I so emotional?" he said as he look up to make the tears go back. He sniffled "You know what let's just watch another boring movie" he suggested "Sounds fun" I smiled

You are the brightest star when you smile, my own Sun.

Even though they say time makes things better
Even though they say it remains a good memory

A/n: Sorry for not updating lately, I'm so busy these days. Please forgive me 😭🙏.  I know I'm the worst, I suck, BOoOoo!! I'll TRY to update every Friday.

FVCK YOU W4TTPAD FOR MAKING ME WRITE THIS CHAPTER, TWICEEEE!!!😤

Anyhoo, there's a total of 4-6 chaps left, including the special chapters.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORTING ME EVEN THOUGH MAJORITY OF YOU GUYS ARE SILENT. I STILL LOVEYAH!! ❤❤

Stay safe, healthy, and beautiful y'all.

Ciao😘

Edit: I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!! Has any of you guys read my oneshot "Phantom Thieves" yet? If yes, here is my question for you.

Would you like me to write a sequel for that? I'm having good ideas ㅋㅋㅋ😅. Please let me know in the comments.