The New Student

Y/N's POV

Hi! My name is Y/N, I'm 16 years old and I am about to do something nerve-wracking and probably something that could change my fate. I am like any ordinary student who has a crazy dream that will probably never come true. But, I still keep my hopes up. Today is the day! I have exactly 3 minutes and 20 seconds to go. I have never been so nervous for something in my whole entire life. A lady approaches me and asks me to follow her. I follow the nice lady trying to keep up with her pace. Wow she's fast for her age!

The walls are filled with lockers and students either talking or getting things from their locker. A few of the students nod to me and wave so I do the same. The nice lady extends her arm towards a fairly large room filled with some people my age by the looks of it. I quickly adjust my skirt and wipe my mouth in case there is any food on it. Taking a deep breath I reach out for the cold, metal door knob and twist it.

Inside, everyone's eyes fall upon me. They are all sitting at their desks paying very close attention to the lesson. Well, some of them anyways. In the front rows, the students had their minds engrossed in the lesson and based on their appearance I am guessing that they are the nerds. In  the back two rows there are a mixture of personalities from the arty students who like doodling to the unbothered students who are sleeping. I am not sure who to like and who to keep my eye on, but we'll see.

A young teacher, maybe in her twenties, greets me. "Hello! You must be Y/N. Welcome to Grade 10. My name is Miss Kim. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me." She has a really warm smile and makes all my nerves disappear completely. I bow out of respect to her.

"Please introduce yourself to the class!", Miss Kim announces.

"Er... Anneyonghaseyo Je ireumeun Y/N Rose inmida. (This means hello my name is Y/N in Korean I think). I am a transfer student from the UK. I hope we can work well together and be friends." Some of the students smile at me and say yes.

"Hmm... There is an empty space next to Jungkook and Mi-yeon. You can sit there if you like.", Miss Kim suggests and points to the empty seat between a guy who has his head on the table and a girl with tonnes of textbooks. I bow at Miss Kim and head for the desk. I can see that there is no way that I can pass the sleeping guy as he seems as if he is knocked out so I walk round to the girl called 'Mi-yeon'. She smiles at me kindly and tucks her chair in so that I can pass."

"Thanks. Wow! You have a lot of textbooks.", I say while smiling at her.

"It's OK. You'd be surprised to know that I don't actually use any of these. This is just to make my parents get off my case about getting really high grades.", Mi-yeon says. She has this sort of aura that when I speak to her I feel like I've known her for my whole life. I laugh at what she says and she joins me.

"Let's be friends?", Mi-yeon asks me shyly and I smile back.

"Of course!", I respond. Wow! My first friend. This feels nice.

It goes silent for a minute and then I turn my head to the right where the guy lays sleeping.He has soft, dark brown hair, really nice long lashes, chiseled features, a ring-shaped earring, broad shoulders and a muscular build. Not gonna lie, he's pretty handsome. I turn to Mi-yeon. Pointing at the guy I ask,  "Who is he?" Mi-yeon gestures for me to come closer so she can whisper in my ear.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook otherwise known as the bad boy of the school. Everyone is scared of him- including the teachers! A word of advice: DON'T get on the wrong side of him. That will be the worst mistake of your life.", Mi-yeon whispers. Worst mistake of my life? Yeah right! He can't be that bad. I mean what's the point in going to school if you are just going to mess around.