Chapter Three.

'Wow, it's so chill here. I think I could get used to this place.' I thought to myself as Miss White walked over to her desk.

"Please take a seat in any empty space." She said smiling at me warmly.

Her voice was so melodic, my heart started pounding in my chest. 'What's going on with me?' I thought to myself. 'I never feel like this.'

After a few seconds of just standing there, I realised that I was still looking at her and went to an empty seat at the back looking like a tomato.

"Hi, I'm Jason" the boy sitting next me whispered. He looked like the kind of person that everybody liked, almost as if nobody could find a real reason to dislike him.

"Hey, I'm Maya, nice to meet you" I casually replied.

"So, I see you've also fallen for her" Jason laughed.

"For who?" I Said playing dumb.

"Miss White dude. After she finished talking to you, you literally stared at her, blushed and came over here looking like you've been introduced to god himself" Jason said dying of laughter.

"Hey! It's not my fault, just look at her" I said giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder.

"I know, when I first saw her, I had a crush on her too" he said laughing. "I think it's really cool you're into girls too, there aren't that many LGBT+ kids here, but it's cool cause all of them are really respected"

"Oh really?" I replied.

"Mr Loyd please stop distracting Miss Adams; I'd hate to move you both apart on the first day you sit together. Now are you finished interrupting my class?" Miss White said sternly, but I could also hear a playful like tone in her voice too.

"Yes Ma'am" Jason replied with the biggest grin on his face.

"Good" Miss White said as she turned  back to the board and continued writing the key words down. I smiled at Jason and turned to look at the whiteboard.

'How on earth could a woman be this sexy?' I thought to myself as Miss White was writing on the board. I studied her slim, but curvy body as i bit my pen lightly with my front teeth.

Around half an hour later, I look up at the board and see her eyes shift from me to her paperwork out of the corner of my eye. I smiled to myself and continued with my work pretending that nothing happened.

~Miss Whites POV~

'Oh my, I need to hurry up!' I thought to myself as I hurriedly grabbed my bag and paperwork out of my car rushing inside to my class.

I speed-walked through the halls and bumped into someone dropping all of my papers. I looked down to see a small brunette picking everything up for me.

"I am so sorry!" The girl said apologetically looking up at me and handing me the papers.

"There's no need to apologise, It's my fault. I was in a rush to get to my classroom" I said to her trying to ease the situation, she looked very tense.

"Why are you so late?" I asked the unfamiliar face.

"Oh, um it's my first day here actually, I kind of got a little lost." The brunette replied to me breaking eye contact and looking towards the floor.
'Do I make her nervous?'

"Does your name happen to be Maya?" I asked the anxious girl.

She nodded, finally looking back up at me.
"You're in my class this period. Follow me, I'll show you the way." I said to her smiling.

I lead the way through the maze of the school halls until we reached the classroom. I walked in and put everything down on my desk, in their everyday positions.

"Please take a seat in any empty space" I said to the girl as she stared at me deeply.

I  looked at her back. She seemed like a deer in headlights.

'I wonder how her first day has been so far, it must be scary coming to such a big new school' I thought as she suddenly diverted her eyes from me, and to a seat next to Jason.

Jason is one of my most distracted students, he is very smart and has extraordinary potential, however he doesn't focus much in my lessons. He could be doing so much better for himself, it's a shame he doesn't do his work the best of his ability.

As I was writing some key words on the board for the students to look at, I notice Jason and Maya whispering to each other and giggling.

"Mr Loyd please stop distracting Miss Adams; I'd hate to move you both apart on the first day you sit together. Now are you finished interrupting my class?" I said trying to sound as stern as I could. I hate having to tell my students off, however they need to know that I don't tolerate being disrespected.

"Yes Ma'am" Jason replied to me with the biggest looking grin on his face.

I ignored it knowing that it's as good of a reply that I'm going to get from him.

"Good" I said turning back to the board and continued writing the key words down.

I look up at the clock to see that we have ten minutes left of the lesson, and look over at Maya. She looks cute when she's focused. I study her facial expression and see her lightly biting on her pen, oh how I wish I could be that pen...

'What on earth am I doing, it's highly inappropriate to be thinking this way about a student' I thought to myself as Maya suddenly looks up and makes immediate eye contact with me. I quickly looked down at my paperwork trying to hide my red face.

I avoided looking at Maya for the rest of the lesson until the bell went.

"Okay everyone, put your sheets in your folders and leave them on the shelf at the back, after you've done that you can leave" I announced as I sat down and picked up my favourite book.

This is going to be a long year.