Chapter Four.

~Miss Whites POV~

After all of the students left I felt a warm presence in the room. I look up to see Maya walking up to my desk and adjusted my glasses in my face.

"Hello, is everything okay Maya?" I said smiling at the pretty brunette stood in-front of me.

"U-Um yes, I actually had a question for you" Maya stuttered.

"Of course, you can ask me anything!" I replied putting my book down to show her that she had my full attention.

"Well, um, you see..." She began nervously. I looked into her eyes and saw a vulnerability, 'maybe she is afraid to talk to me' I thought to myself.

"Is there anything I need to catch up on to get to everyone else's level in class?" Maya asked me looking away at me and to the floor.

"Well, you could read chapters 4,5 and 6 and take a few notes, you should be all caught up if you do that" i replied standing up.

"Okay thank you" The girl said turning to leave.

"Hold it right there Miss Adams" I said strictly to Maya. I hate treating her like this But she needs to know that I don't appreciate getting pushed around by my students.

"U-Uhh.." Maya stuttered

I took notice the girls nervousness and instantly regretted approaching her the way that I did.

"You're not in trouble Maya, I just need to let you know that I don't tolerate any funny business in my classroom" I said smiling warmly at her trying to hide my guilt.

"Oh, I'm sorry-" she tried to talk before I cut her off.

"It's fine, i would usually give out detentions for being rude in my lessons, however I'm letting you off the hook as it's your first day. If it happens again, you're not getting any special treatment okay?" I told Maya smiling.

"You're really smart Maya, please use your skills to the best of your ability. You have real potential, don't waste it" I said looking into her eyes. There is something about this girl and I'm not sure what..

She looked at me like she will filled with questions.
"I will, thank you. I'll see you second tomorrow" she said smiling and waking out. I stared at her body as she gracefully exited the room and sighed to myself,

'I need to stay away from her, she's really starting to take an affect on me' I thought to myself as I began to grade work from my first lesson class.