Chapter Two.

I arrived at school just as the school bell rang. One of the office staff greeted me and handed me my schedule.

"Aren't you a lucky one, only two classes this year!" She said smiling at me.

I looked down at the sheet of paper I was holding.

Period one: Math with Mrs Smith.
Period two: English with Miss White.
Period three: Free Period.
Period four: Free period.

'Nice, I get to go home early half way through the day.' I thought to myself as i said goodbye to the office lady and made my way to class.

The first class dragged on, but the class was reasonably easy and the teacher was nice, so I can't really complain.

I collected my belongings and walked to the other side of the building where my English class was supposed to be.

Just as I turned a corner, I collided with someone. Without even looking up, I quickly picked up all of the dropped papers on the floor apologising.

"I am so sorry!" I said making eye contact with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She was wearing a pink skater dress that went a few inches above the knee, showing off her toned legs and wore black heels that helped compliment the pink. Her hair was pulled back into a formal yet charming slick low ponytail.

"There's no need to apologise, It's my fault. I was in a rush to get to my classroom" she said sweetly.
"Why are you so late?" She asked me curiously.

"Oh, um it's my first day here actually, I kind of got a little lost." I managed to say without collapsing on the floor right there.

"Does your name happen to be Maya?" She asked adjusting the papers in her hands.
I nodded. "You're in my class this period. Follow me, I'll show you the way." She said to me giving me a reassuring smile.

We made our way through the halls in a comfortable silence until we reached the classroom. We walked in to see everyone in their seats talking amongst themselves.