Chapter 3

One week later at school I was sitting with my friends at lunch. "Is something wrong with Spencer?" Carmen, one of my best friends asked me. "I mean I just havnt really seen him around much...you know?" 

"Yeah I know....and well I'm not really sure...he I don't know" I replied. 

"Is something wrong Lace?" My other friend Sam asked as he devoured his french fries.  

"I'm not sure." I answered. "Ever since yesterday afternoon when he left school early he's just been acting really strange..." 

"Strange like how?" Josie asked as she took a bite into her Pizza. 

"Strange like he is afraid to talk to me or tell me about something, like he is scared that I'll be mad at him for something or that I am already mad at him for something." I said. "I don't know it has just been really weird." 

"Maybe you should just talk to him." Sam suggested. 

"Yeah, maybe. I mean I know that if something is really bother in him that he will tell me about it eventually. That's the way it has always been in our relationship," I said almost reassuring myself more than my friends.. I sat and thought quietly the rest of lunch while the others continued to talk about the daily gossip they had heard in their morning classes. It wasn't that I wasn't happy with Spencer. I am. It's just that I was really worried about him. He never ever acted like this. I knew by the way he was acting that something really bad must have happened. I also knew that I shouldn't rush him to tell me what was going on because he would tell me when he felt that the time was right.

**Later that day in class** 

Spencer walked into chemistry and immediately came over and sat next to me.  

"Lax look I really need to talk to you..."he said cautiously trailing off at the end.  

"Okay..." I answered.  

"Everyone please take your seats." Mr. Wille said. Spencer and I completed all our work then sat quietly and waited for class to end.