Chapter 2: The 3rd prince's death from the last life

Qui Yue received the brutal punishment from Nanny Mao and didn't speak until all the maids were happy to hear about Qui Yue getting punishment. Head maid Mao will keep an eye on her closely until she's done all the chores without resting.

Nanny Mao who always there for me after my mother died. She always confronted me as I cried in tears of her death. My mother was orphaned where my father took her in his mansion and met nanny Mao. She treated her like a daughter and cherished her which made her happy because she lost her family during the war.

Since I have been reborn in the past, I have to protect everyone from Xiao Wen and associates. I was planning to kill him but he has supporters all around him on my own and it will be difficult to take him out.

Yao Ting who disguises himself as the demon mask is the leader of red lotus. Rumors said he has dangerous associates who are working with him. Among them are the most dangerous criminals from the other lands and very skillful. I felt frustrated that I can't protect everyone from them unless I have the power to protect them all.

Watching the view while sitting on the roof as I notice Li Qin standing next to me, "Miss, is something wrong?"

"It's nothing, Li Qin... I'm just thinking about something else but how is my father?" I ask and want to know if he is still alright.

"Master Song is getting better and healthy because of your medicine." She replied as I sighed in relief and nodded.

"I'm glad to know." I said.

"Miss, why can't we report your father about the maid, Qui Yue. She's been too suspicious because of... The incident." She said in the low voice.

"Not yet, Li Qin. We need evidence to prove her quilt but I wanted to punish her more because I found out that she's the one who drugged me before I was at the battle." My eyes turned cold.

Li Qin's eyes widened and yelled bewildered, "WHAT! SHE'S THE ONE WHO DRUGGED YOU!" She rolled her sleeve and stomped on the ground angrily, "Let me teach her the lesson so she won't bother you again!"

I grabbed her hand, "No, we will teach her a lesson later but I need you to investigate her and what plan she is going to do next."

"Yes, Miss..." She was about to leave but she stopped and turned her head, "I forgot to tell you that the 3rd prince is coming tomorrow to visit." She told me with a smile as I froze.

My eyes widened as I grabbed her shoulders, "Did you say the 3rd prince is coming tomorrow?" I ask briefly. That's strange, Sheng didn't come to the Song mansion in my last life or maybe is something else?

"That's really right, but he's not going to be alone. He's bringing his bodyguard..." She said with excitement, "I hope, it's Xu Jeng because I haven't seen him since he went on the mission with his majesty." Her cheeks began to blush as I smiled at her reaction.

Xu Jeng is the second commander of the dragon army and very loyal to Xiao Sheng. He and Li Qin have a special relationship with each other but I don't know how they met which curious me the most.

"Of course, he will come but tell me how did you guys meet?" I tease with curious questions as she begins to blush.

"Mhmm... I should go and investigate... Bye bye." She quickly disappeared as I chuckled.

My eyes sparkled into joy and sadness when Li Qin said the 3rd prince is coming to visit tomorrow. I think my father and the emperor secretly wanted me to marry Sheng and that's why they chose him because he's my childhood friend.

In my childhood, my father brought me to the imperial palace where he introduced me to the young 3rd prince, Xiao Sheng who was playing the flute. He's a very attractive boy but a prankster too.