Chapter 4

Grayson

Tonight the boys want to throw a party to get ready for championships. We won last night and I couldn't be happier that I'm close to ending the season to have a little break. Anyways the boys want to prep the house and get everything cleaned up. Jared comes storming into the room with a smirk on his face.

"What do you have up your sleeve?" I say to him

"Well, just a little fun that's all," he says

"Jared, you know you need to stop with whatever you have planned"

For some reason, Jared is the ultimate daredevil and he loves a good time. I on the other hand just follow what he does because he's my friend, I have to make sure he's not going too far, and well sometimes it's fun.

"I have something exciting," he says

"And what would that be?" I look at him cautiously

"A bet, you need to get a girl of your choice drunk and take her home with you"

"Oh, that's easy I'm Grayson Tiller, every girl wants me" I smirk

"Tiller, there's more to it. You need to choose a girl who does not really know you and who isn't cared about. A girl who looks easy and can for sure say yes to you" he says

"This should be easy, but what is in it for me?"

"Next year I will nominate you to coach, to the elite"

I blank thinking into space before smiling at him. The elite is for players who are picked to play football professionally. That could really jump start my career and live a comfortable life. I have always wanted to be drafted and play in the NFL. My dream is to play for the Dallas Cowboys. If there is even a chance I can get noticed by them, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

"I'm in, under one condition, you keep me protected at all costs"

"You got my word," he says

I nod my head and head off the library to get some homework done before later on tonight. Even though I play football and the greatest linebacker, I am here for my education. Someday I would like to own a business agency for future collegiate football players. This would give the connection to the best of the best. To make that dream come alive, I do need to get decent grades and stay on the football team.

As I grab my backpack and head to my 2019 Mustang I put on some music heading towards the library. When I get to the library I start to get homework done. Within an hour I get everything done. Before heading home, I stop by the cafe to get some food. I really like their food and don't mind eating things from there so I choose the ham and cheese bites with a large black coffee. Have to have caffeine to stay up all night.

While waiting for my order, I noticed a certain brown-haired hazel eyes are not here today. I have a class with her actually. She would be great for the dare actually, I thought to myself. She hates me and well the feeling is mutual here as well. Her name is Jessa, yep that's it I think. This coffee shop is useful after all. I grab my food and leave.

A few hours later drinks are set and people start to pile in. I hug a few other friends who I see from the door. I make conversation with Christain before seeing a certain brown-haired girl. I nudge Jason nodding at him.

"Are you sure that's who you want to bet on? She seems like a nerd?

"Of course, I do not like her and the feeling seems to be mutual from her, anyways I should be back in no time," I say smirking at him

I decided to give her some time to warm up to the party, but in the meantime, I need to make sure she doesn't leave. I decide to dance with her and maybe offer her a drink, but it seems like her friend has left her and she has already invited herself to a drink. Maybe I'll just go for the first option and dance with her.