Party

"C'mon Draco, it'll be fun!" Pansy whinged.

"No, it won't."

"Yes, it will! Don't be such a party pooper, or I'll leave you behind," she threatened.

Draco did not want to go to the stupid party, but he wanted to go back to his empty house even less.

"Fine, let's go."

"Yay! You're going to love it!

/ / /

Draco did not love it. He clutched Pansy's arm like it was his lifeline. He was great at social gatherings, but that didn't mean he had to like them.

Pansy slowly slid out of his grip. As Draco went back to grab her arm again, a girl came up to them and started chatting with Pansy. "Want to come to meet my friend? I've already told her all about you and she's dying to meet you!"

"Um..." Pansy glanced back at Draco. Draco sighed. Just because he wasn't having a good time, didn't mean he had to hold Pansy back. He gave her a small nod.

"Okay! Lead the way," she grinned. The girl and Pansy disappeared into the small but dense crowed.

/ / /

"Hey."

Draco looked up from his phone to see a guy in front of him. A cute guy. Draco slipped his phone into his pocket. "Hey?"

The stranger held out a drink. "Want a drink?"

"Is it drugged?" Draco deadpanned.

"Of course not! No, it's just—uh— it's just beer. Actually I can pour a bit into my drink and take a sip to prove it."

"Ah— no, you don't need to do that, I didn't think it was," Draco grinned. Draco reached out and took the drink.

"What's your name?"

"Draco, and yours?"

"Harry."

"Cool." Draco nodded.

"Do you know the host?" Harry asked.

"Nah, my friend kinda knows him I guess, and she dragged me along."

"Dragged you? Not the party type?

"I don't really love parties, no, but this one is just boring."

"Oh really?" Harry smirked.

"I mean, yeah. It's just a bunch of sweaty teens packed into an apartment jumping around and being drunk, nothing fun about that." Draco took a sip of his drink.

"I suppose."

"If I go to a party, then I would want it to be low key. Maybe a group of ten or fewer people and I'd prefer to know most if not all of them beforehand. And we'd do something chill, like watch a movie or play some board games."

"All of that is understandable, but consider this."

"What?"

"If you stuck to your small parties where you already knew everyone you wouldn't have met me."

"Touché." Draco grinned, "But I could have met you at any party, and still avoided this one. I stand by what I said, it's boring as hell. The music even sucks."

"I'll have to agree with you on that one, what would you prefer?"

"I don't know, anything else?"

"Well, I would prefer some Mother Mother, ever heard of them?"

"Nope."

"They're an alternative band, they're probably one of my favorites."

"Then I guess you'll have to introduce me to some of their songs."

"I guess I—" Harry was cut off.

"There you are Draco!" Pansy cried. She pushed her way over to them and hugged him,

"Yup, right where you left me—for fifteen minutes," Draco said, letting her go.

"I'm sorry, but at least you weren't alone. You didn't tell me you knew Harry!"

"I just met him," Draco said.

"Oh, well, I'll introduce you."

"Oh no, you don't have to—"

"Harry, this is Draco, my best friend. Draco, this is Harry, he's the one throwing the party."

"... What?"

"Yeah, I told you earlier, don't you remember?"

"Oh." Draco flushed. He wasn't really the type to get super embarrassed but he had just finished telling the cute guy who apparently threw the party, how much he didn't like the party. He categorized that under pretty damn embarrassing. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't actually mean any of that, the party's fine!"

Harry chuckled. "Nah, you were right, the party's not that great. My friend Ron threw it for my birthday, your idea sounds much better."

"Well, we could always go do that," Draco said, almost shyly.

"I'll have to pass this time, it is my own birthday party after all."

"Oh yeah, of course."

"But we could raincheck it? I'd love to have a chill party sometime soon. Or, you know, it could just be the two of us."

"Uh—"

"Did I miss something?" Pansy cut in, confused.

"Oh my god Pansy, I am trying to get Draco's number!"

"Oh! Well, shit, I just interrupted, didn't I?"

"Yeah, kind of." Draco laughed awkwardly.

"I'll go, continue without me!"

Harry turned back to Draco. "So, about getting your number?"

"Sure." Draco laughed. "Here." Draco handed over his phone and Harry did the same.

"All done." Draco received his phone and looked to see a new contact, 'boring party thrower'.

"See you soon?" Harry asked hopefully.

"Definitely." Draco grinned.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sorry guys, not only is this not my best work, but it's also kind of short. I just really wanted to add to this but I kind of regret it. Oh well, I hope you liked it <33

~M