Match Made In Hell

Part:
Stardust Crusaders

Triggers:
- SteelHorse [Steely Dan x Hol Horse]
(Implied)
- gore | injury | murder 
- suggestive themes/dialogue

Note:
Hol Horse's real name: Harold Horse
Steely Dan's real name: Donatello Steel

Summary:
After being beaten by his own bullets, our cowardly cowboy seeks a new partner in crime -- to occupy him as a new employer wants to hire him as a hit-man. Some habits die hard, and Hol Horse believes he knows just the guy...
______________________________________

He leans back against the uncomfortable chair he sits upon and crosses his legs. Ignoring the 'no smoking' sign he lits a cigarette placing it between his lips without much concern. Taking a long drag he allows his blue gaze to sweep over the man lying in the hospital bed. He was covered in bandages and cats basically from head-to-toe, hell some of them still had dark brown splotches of blood. The cowboy propped open the doctor's file (which he had stolen) across his lap and read over the damage. Almost every bone in his body had been broken -- and a lot of them had caused external damage piercing through muscle and skin. Not to mention the internal bleeding he suffered from. One would think Dan was as good as dead, but the machines hooked up to him beeped steadily on. The Speedwagon doctors sure were miracle workers. Though, the foundation was trying to wrangle up and arrest any of Dio's crew that was alive, to keep them under wraps. If it had been Hol Horse, he would have let Dan die -- it was too much trouble to lock a guy like him up and keep him there. But the cowboy knew the foundation had much better morals than he did. 

Hell, the cowboy had barely made it through his accident. Three bullets to the face. If he hadn't at the last moment made them move, dodging all vital parts, he would have been a goner. He touched his face at the memory feeling the rough scars that now lined his features. Hol Horse's attention was snapped away as the door to the room opened and a doctor stood there shocked.

"Are you a relative?" she asked suspicion ringing in her voice. The cowboy shook his head. Damnit, it had to be a woman. Hol Horse would never shoot a pretty girl --hell, he wouldn't shoot an ugly one either. 

He coughed and flashed her a charming smile. The doctor was unimpressed and he felt his ego take a damaging blow with the look she gave him. "I'm his cousin." 

"Really?" she rose an eyebrow and began reaching for her walkie-talkie. "Donatello has no living relatives on the record..."

A weak and hoarse voice spoke up. "Dr.Kelly...it's true. He's my cousin. Mom's side."

Her eyes went wide and she gasped out, "You're awake! I must inform the others at once!" and just like that the mysterious visitor was forgotten as she rushed off. The cowboy blinked a few times as he watched the doctor go bolting off, mumbling to herself about miracles. He frowned a little and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Why'd you say 'dat?"Dan shrugged in response and he slowly sat up, wincing as he did so. He still hadn't fully healed, his head was throbbing as well from the sudden exposure to the light. Glancing at the nearest lock, he found that he had been out for two hours.

He sighed deeply and scrunched up his nose as Hol Horse blew out a ring of smoke. "Why are you here? Harold." the cowboy winced a little at the use of his real name, it had been a long time since he heard it. Actually, the last time he was called that -- was before Dan went to intercept the Crusaders. The blonde swung one of his leg over the other and relaxed into the chair, he sat in as much as possible. It wasn't easy considering how uncomfortable hospitals seemed to make them. 

"Listen, I'm sure you know but the moment you are out of this hospital, the Speedwagon Foundation will lock you up."Harold hummed a little,  "I'm here to offer you to join me. I found an employer --"