Part 10

Evangeline awoke to a bright light sinning on her from above. She wanted to reach out but her hands were blinded to a..bed.

"Where am I?"

Suddenly a shadow appeared to Evangeline's side.

"Griffin? No get away from me!" Evangeline shouted to Griffin but then noticed he had tear streaks down his cheeks.

"I never wanted any of this to happen." Griffin sobbed.

"What-"

"I like you, Evangeline. I have no excuse for why I didn't tell you the truth about me or my mom or Jennifer. You see, Jennifer's my sister."

Evangeline didn't expect that.

"Jennifer never really was your friend, she was working with my mom. The only thing that was real with her is that she does have that multiple personality condition.

"I'm telling you the truth, Evie. Please just believe me." Griffin cried.

"Why should, I? You have me locked here and no doubt your mom's right outside that door."

"Because if you decide to trust me, then we can take down my mom, the headmaster. Once in for all." Griffin replied, loosening Evangeline's straps.

"What else has, Mrs. Channing been doing?"
"She's been behind the attacks on your parent's homes. Let's go." Griffin said.

Both of them hustled to the door and out to the hallway.

Not a moment too soon, Griffin and Evangeline arrived at Mrs. Channing's office.

"Stop right there!" Griffin yelled, pointing a coal-black gun at his mother's heart.

"What is the meaning of this, Griffin! I'm working." Mrs. Channing said, standing up.

"First off, I and Evangeline will not be getting married by your order. Second I told her your evil schemes about the Stargusts' homes. And lastly, we both are teaming up and plotting against you."

"Oh really! I'm, not afraid of my own son." The headmaster said.

Suddenly, Griffin shot his mom in the arm.

"I'm not playing ma. Stop the attacks on Evangeline's parents and I won't kill you."

Mrs. Channing mumbled but picked up her phone and dialed her agents.

"Stop the attacks... But kill the father."

"No!" Evangeline yelled and Griffin shot Mrs. Channing again but this time through the heart.

The headmaster lay, dead.

Two months past and it's time for Mr. Statguts's funeral.

Everyone says their prayer and wishes. Soon it's over.

"I'm so sorry about your dad, Evie," Griffin says walking upon his friend.

"You know what. It's okay. I've grieved a lot already, it's time to move on with my life. " Evangeline said, turning to Griffin.

Both of them leaned in at the same time and kissed.

It was like the heavens were shining down on Evangeline and her dad was saying this was her path.

That Griffin was good.

Like the sunset, Griffin and Evangeline kissed, slow, and soothe. Both knowing they were home.