Chapter 1-Unexpected Encounter

Hailey's POV 

I was walking in the rain, and my footsteps felt heavier than usually. I was sulking down, reflecting on my crazy life... I was 26 years old, a college dropout, just fired from McDonalds of all places, and alone... What Jake had done to our band was unforgivable, I would never forgive his actions... Until I met him in the street that very day. 

Jake was a celebrity, he had a record deal to UMG, his life was the polar opposite of mine. While he was partying with his 20 flings, I was alone in my small apartment, missing my family... A familiar voice said my name in shock... 

"H-Hailey?!" he said. I glared into his snake eyes, I wanted to hit him, I wanted to run... But he grabbed my shoulder... "Hailey... Oh my god, I haven't seen you since-" he started. "I KNOW." I screamed, "You don't have to rub it in." "I know what I did was terrible, I swear I wouldn't have if-" he said. "Just... Get away from me." I walked away... 

 He looked so different, Jake went from this sweet, dreamy, ambitous guy to this stupid, playing, partying DOUCHEBAG! I had so many dreams for our future together... He ruined that. "I need to get to the apartment." I urgently thought. I ran in the rain... Jake had somehow caught up to me. 

"Do you need an umbrella or something?" He asked. For a moment, he had his same old smile... I had remembered what he had did, and ignored that. "Never." I said. "I said get away from me, you stalker! Go say hi to your 80 girlfriends for me..." "I said I only loved y-" he started. "OH! Sorry, do you call them flings nowadays?" "Hailey..." 

"Just stop following me... You're a celebrity anyway, a household name, millions of girls in our country probably have a crush on you..." I said. "Make their dreams come true instead of bothering me." "But Hailey... If you came with me, YOU would've been a household name too!" He said."I would never betray my friends Jake!" I shouted. "They were my second family. If only they didn't assume I was the one who told you to go on without them..." I walked away, wishing I could afford a car that doesn't break down every other day.

  Jake's POV 

"I was just gonna ask her for coffee." I thought. "Why couldn't we have reconnected? I love her... I wish she knew that." 

My life was better when The Music Club were my friends... Nowadays, the only thing that makes me forget what I did are these stupid parties, and hookups every other night... But it doesn't always help me forget... I really need to throw away that picture of Hailey on my wall. Whenever I take someone home, they always notice it, but I couldn't live without seeing her face in the morning. 

Now that I think about it, I kinda am a creep! I haven't told anyone yet, but I'm at risk of losing the record deal because of my habits with... Substances and parties. I need to stop, I know it, I'm not an idiot. I just need SOMETHING to make me forget that night... Yep. Hailey's right. I'm a creep, a douchebag, and worst of all, a problematic partier....