It hit the castle

Zelda was in her study reading a book when it suddenly got extremely cold, she ran to her room to get a thick blanket. At the same time Link, her personal guard burst through the door, he signed "I know I felt it to" Zelda said between her shivering teeth. They ran to the throne room when people were all huddled together for warmth.

Zelda noticed link was still wearing his tunic,"Link you should go put on your snowquill outfit" she said with a slight hint of worry in her tone. Link shook his head, typical Link she thought, cared about others before himself. Did his job without any consideration of what may happen to him. "Link it's just cold I'm fine, go put something warm on please" Zelda said, now with a sternness in her voice. He grumbled and left to fetch his snowquill stuff.

After giving a small speech in the throne room she left back towards her room with Link, he had his flameblade with him so he lit the fireplace for us to stay by.

"What could have caused this" Zelda said trying to start conversation. Link signed with shivering hands <I have no idea, how could it go from warm summer weather to ice cold as quick as it did.> "I'm surprised your still cold in that snowquill outfit, doesn't it have rubies in it" Zelda said.

A messenger burst in and handed Zelda a envelope with the stable crest on it, they said it was very urgent.

Zelda opened the letter and read through it, her eyes getting wider the farther she read. Once she got to the end and closed the letter, a tear escaped her eye.

Link signed quickly, "The sudden freeze came from akkala, the research lab is frozen solid... as well as everyone in it" Zelda said. "you should go check the other kingdoms since you have the sheikah slate" she told Link. He nodded and in a flash of blue, he disappeared.

Link had decided to check Goron City first, as it was very close to akkala. When he arrived it was much cooler than usual, he even didn't have to use his flamebreaker armor. He left the shrine and paraglided down to the bosses house.

When he arrived at the bosses house, Yunobo the decendent of champion Daruk was there talking to the boss. Link called out to them, "ah champion, it is great to see you but alas it is not a good time for catching up Link motioned. "Yunobo, you said you have some more troubling news" the boss said to the shaking goron, Yunobo was always nervous, Link thought to himself. "The east edge of eldin is completely frozen, the lava has solidified and it's even snowing over there!" Yunobo said. "IMPOSSIBLE!" the boss said, "the lava from Death Mountain can't just solidify all of a sudden" Link decided to chime in "what do you mean?" the boss said Ling signed to the boss, "we'll manage" they said and in a flash if blue, Link was off to Zora's Domain.