Chapter 6

Lucia's POV

I've been stuck in here for at least half an hour.

I always thought I would die, but... Why, of all deaths, would it have to be because I'm stuck in an elevator?

These were the times when I remembered how much technology hated me.

I had tried everything to get out, but as the air became less and less present, my mind slowly started giving up.

I sighed.

Worst death ever. 

The only thing I honestly dreamed about was to get out of there.

"My life fucking sucks!!" I screamed as I suddenly punched the wall behind me, but instead of calming my anger, it made me shriek in pain.

I let myself fall, starting to sob as I felt the pain slowly kicking in.

It had started to swell, to the point where the whole area was a purplish red, looking like it had just broken. 

And to think I believed I had no strength...

I shook my head as I tried to redirect my attention to something else.

"They must be evacuating, right now...".

The more I waited, the more my mind wanted to rest.

----------------------

I suddenly woke up as I heard someone yell from outside.

However, the voice seemed so far away that I couldn't understand what it said.

Who is it...? 

I yawned, slowly opening my eyes as I slowly realized I still was in that godamn elevator, and not dead yet.

Oh, right!

"Is somebody outside?!" I yelled, hoping the person on the other side would hear me.

And gladly, it seemed to be the case, since I heard it yell something back that pretty much looked like a "don't move"

So I stayed still, taking slow breaths as I suddenly heard a loud crash on the other side.

The elevator isn't going to fall... Right? 

As the door slowly opened, my mind blacked out as I recognized the person on the other side.

"L-Leon?!"

As he finished opening the doors, he threw away the metal bar he's been holding and gave me a hand.

"Here. Grab my hand." He said as I gave him my other hand.

As I got out, I cried when I saw the daylight. 

I'm alive......

As I turned back to Leon, who seemed to be in the middle of a conversation with Hunnigan, I quickly wept away my tears

As he put his communicator in his pocket, I shyly waved at him.

"L-Leon...?" I slowly said as he reached for a chocolate bar in his pocket. 

"Are you okay?" He just ended up saying, as he began eating. 

I hid my broken hand behind my back and forced a smile. 

"Yup. Perfectly fine."

He sighed. 

"Don't hide your hand, I already saw."