Chapter Two

Chapter Two.

Nina's POV.

Time is short when you are happy, time is long when you are sad, and time is too slow for those who wait.

But in my case, time is swift when you’re in the zone.

Two weeks had passed since I woke up as Lady Marina. Ngayon, ay na sa library ako, trying to research all information about this world, the world that I would probably live in for a while. According to Rita, my personal maid servant (which I’m correct). This is Lady Marina's private library, the whole Red Rose Manor have four library. One for me, one for my mother, one for father and lastly, the Edwards’ Central Library.

With that two weeks time. I've learned many things.

Lady Marina is an only daughter and she's seventeen. I am currently living at the Red Rose Manor, Edwards’ family manor at the nobles’ district in the royal capital. The Edwards’ real territory is in the eastern side of the Avalor Kingdom, and Lady Marina is  studying as Avalon Academy of Magic.

Avalon Academy of Magic, a prestigious magical school that only nobles, tycoons, large merchant can afford, but there are also quite rare cases of scholars by recommendation. A breeding ground of acclaimed noble scholars, guild members, leaders, royal guards, military powerhouses and powerful mages.

Illuminating Darkness has a quite peculiar setting. It has a Victorian Era vibes with a touch of medieval setting.

The world lacks steam and machinery. It’s quite under-develop but the lacking are made up by magic.

Remember this is a fantasy-romance book.

And I've also learned that, Lady Marina uses Dark Magic.

Grabe! kahit sa magic villain na villain ang dating. But, I also found out that Lady Marina was not allowed to uses magic in public, having a rare magic is dangerous dahil marami raw ang gahaman dito. Like in the modern world, parang may black market trade dito, not to mention Lady Marina is a daughter of a wealthy noble.

Sa pagkakaalam ko ay they are six elemental magic the water, earth, fire, air, light and dark.

In the Avalor Kingdom, water-type of magic is the most common attribute in the whole Kingdom. Avalor Kindom is a land of waves, believer of the Storm.

Mostly, the nobles have the highest population of magic users. Mayroon naman sa mga ordinaryong  tao but it’s just a small scale, they can’t even properly use their magic.

School break daw ngayon, kaya nandito ako sa mansion. I was supposed to be in our own territory, but I decided to stay at the Red Rose Manor. Mas safe ako dito, kaisa naman to travel long distance, marami pa namang mountain bandits sa eastern side ng Avalor Kindom. All students are given one month of vacation, to all levels, according to Rita. Sadly, one month lang ang bakasyon, and I’m still learning. I’m trying to adopt Lady Marina’s life, attitude, personality, and manners. I’m also memorizing certain places around the capital, but I haven’t gone out. I want to explore, experience, and see the lives of the common people.

That would help me adopt in this world.

In two weeks na naririto ako, ay nasa library lang ako. Either, in my private or the Red Rose’s Central Library. Sa private library ko ginagawa ang research ko tungkol kay Lady Marina, and also practicing my manners and etiquette.

And about my magic capabilities, it’s still in question. I don’t know if Lady Marina is good controlling her magic. Wala naman akong mapag-tanongan dahil kaunti lang ang nakaka-alam. Only Lady Marina’s parent know it, and baka the school officials.