Chapter Four: Fusion

After Van Zant and Smitty shoot Bee and later Mr. Satan, Fat Buu becomes more enraged than he has ever been after healing Bee and Mr. Satan. In order to keep control, he uses fission to expel all the inner evil from his body. The evil leaves Buu in the form of a giant cloud, taking most of his power with it and giving birth to a tall, thin and gray version of himself called Evil Buu. Evil Buu kills Van Zant with a massive energy blast and then confronts Good Buu. Good Buu fights valiantly, but proves to be no match for Evil Buu, as Buu had expelled the bulk of his power along with his evil. Desperate, Good Buu fires the Transfiguration Beam at Evil Buu, but Evil Buu simply deflects it back at him. Good Buu is turned into chocolate and quickly eaten by Evil Buu, who then transforms into the super-intelligent and incredibly powerful Super Buu. Terrified, Smitty fires at Buu with a machine gun, but to no avail due to Buu's regeneration. Buu liquifies his body and flies down Smitty's throat, causing him to swell up and explode. Buu regenerates, and then sees Mr. Satan and Bee. He rushes over to attack them, but suddenly stops. After a few moments, he utters Mr. Satan's name, and then flies away. Through this, Mr. Satan realizes that the good Buu is still in Super Buu somewhere.

Now able to sense Ki, Buu flies to Kami's Lookout, demanding to see the strong fighter that Goku promised him, but he is a day early. Desperate, Piccolo begs him to wait a bit longer and tells him to spend the time killing some humans, knowing that they can use the Dragon Balls to bring them back. After a quick walk around the Lookout, Buu unleashes the Human Extinction Attack, which homes in on all humans left on Earth besides those present on the Lookout and Korin's Tower and kills them; Chiaotzu and Tien Shinhan manage to avoid the blasts, while Mr. Satan is not targeted at all. A horrified Piccolo begs Kami for forgiveness and promises himself that he'll use the Dragon Balls to revive all of Buu's victims when this is over. Soon afterwards, Videl asks Piccolo how Buu knows about her father, and he explains that Mr. Satan had tried and temporarily succeeded in reforming Buu, and that the new Buu still remembers "a man and the kindness that he showed a monster". Buu's patience runs out after thirty minutes, and he demands to see the fighter, creating shockwaves that cause considerable damage to the Lookout in his rage. Piccolo agrees to lead him to the fighter and, in a moment of desperation, fuses with Trunks, forming Trunkolo. The two head into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and they begin to fight. They go Super Saiyan, (I think they can), and the fight begins. Trunkolo proceeds to use very effective attacks, such as the Galactic Donut and Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, which cause significant damage to Buu, the latter blowing him to pieces. He attempts to burn the ashes of Super Buu. but even this doesn't stop him from doing so. At that moment, Trunkolo goes Super Saiyan two and they continue to fight, but Super Buu is still able to outclass them. Out of options, Trunkolo charges a Special beam Canon and fires it at the entrance, destroying it. Buu, horrified at the thought of never eating sweets again, screams with such force that he tears a hole in the dimensional barrier back to Earth, which he quickly jumps through. He then kills Jason, Jade, Gary, Bulma, Videl, Fortune Teller baba, Krillin and Chi Chi by turning them into candy and eating them. Meanwhile Trunkolo is trying to scream loud enough to escape, eventually opening up a hole just big enough for them to hop through. Only half of them manages to get through though, with Trunkolo's legs getting cut off. Thankfully he's part and is able to regrow them. Seeing what Super Buu did, he vows that he will pay for killing them.

Trunkolo and Buu do battle on the lookout, completely destroying it. The battle wages on in the skies, with Trunkolo being on-par with Buu. Near the end of the fight, a beaten and battered Trunkolo gains control of the fight and leaves Buu on the brink of death. As he moves in to finish him off, the power of Super Saiyan 2 fades, and Trunkolo reverts to his base form. Without the power of Super Saiyan 2, Trunkolo realizes that he is no match for Buu, who manages to regenerate, completely refreshing his life energy. Soon after, Trunkolo defuses back into Trunks and Piccolo again. Piccolo fears that all hope is lost but is still determined to make a final stand. After some time on the Sacred World of the Kai and impressive training from Old Kai, Gohan becomes stronger than ever. After awakening his potential, he heads back to Earth, with Goku giving Gohan one last hug before he departs with Kibito. Once they arrive on Earth, Kibito gives Gohan an outfit identical to his deceased father's. Gohan goes to confront Super Buu as Trunks and Piccolo discover that Gohan is still alive. Gohan asks what happened to the others, but Trunks sadly tells him that Buu murdered everyone else on the Lookout. Enraged by Chi-Chi and Videl's deaths, Gohan decides to fight Buu right then and there. Gohan starts off strong and completely overwhelms Buu. Realizing that Gohan is too powerful and that he will surely be killed, Buu powers up and tells Gohan he will self-destruct, taking everyone with him. As Gohan grabs the others and flies away, Buu explodes. However, Buu is not completely destroyed and regenerates. He knows that Goten and Trunks would have to wait to fuse again and hides in the meantime. Enraged by Chi-Chi and Videl's deaths, Gohan decides to fight Buu right there and then.