°promises°

•Lorenzo•

•Lorenzo•

I walk quickly across my home. Making my way to the door to leave the house.

As I'm about to walk out of my house my mother's voice stops me.

"Lorenzo"

I turn around and watch as my mother makes her way over to me. Once she's next to me she looks at me with worry and pity in her eyes.

"Is everything alright?" I ask confusion is found in my voice.

"Lorenzo I have something important to tell you" my mother states.

"Can it wait I'm in a bit of a hurry?" I ask

"No, it can not." I sigh then follow my mother into the banking office.

When I walk in mother closes the door behind her then looks at me.

"Lorenzo today Elena your wife came running into the house and locked herself in your guy's chambers," my mother tells me

"Is she alright?" I ask worry laced in my voice

"Not really... She ran into someone from her past" my mother tells me.

I sigh "mother can it wait I'm in a hurry," I tell mother again

"No, it can't wait!..." Mother took a deep breath. Continue "he apparently was an old lover of hers..." My eyes widen "and he apparently forcefully kissed her and now poor Elena feels like shes sinned against you" mother explains.

There's a small silence as I take in the information mother has given me

"Where is she," I ask

The mother hesitates then answers "still in your chambers..." I begin to walk away I get to the door but stop "Lorenzo don't do anything stupid." I glance at my mother then make my way to my shared chambers.

Once I make it to the door. I slowly push the door open. What I find shocks me. On the bed is Elena laying down with tears in her eyes.

I walk over to the bed and sit next to her.

I look down at her figure and my eyes slowly trail to her face.

"Are you alright?" I ask worry laced in my voice.

I hear her sniffle then she gives me a reply "no"

I sigh then I bring my wife into my arms hugging her.

"You have not wronged me, Elena," I tell her.

"But he..." I cut her off "shhhh I know but it wasn't you who kissed him."

After a few minutes of Elena sitting in my arms, I ask the questions that have been bothering me.

"Who is your old lover?" I ask

Elena pulls away from me a bit and stares into my eyes.

"Fransico... Fransico de Pazzi" my body freezes in place as I stare at Elena with shock written all over my face.

I hesitate "do you... Do you still love him?"

She looks down at the bed and whispers "no"

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No"

I sigh "ill tell Francisco to stay away from you"

"He... He says the eventually every girl falls in love with you" I look down at Elena. "Is that true?" She asks me tears still falling from her fragile face.

I take my hand and cup her face wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"Some do and some don't" I answer her true fully.

Elena nods her head then rests her head on my chest as I hold her.

We stay in each other's arms for what felt like hours but was only an hour.

I walk inside the Pazzi house and find a servent rushing over to me.

"What can I do for you Messer Medici," the servant asks.

"Is Fransico de Pazzi here," I ask

"Yes," the servant tells me

"Bring him here."

After a few minutes, Francisco comes walking towards me "and what do I owe this pleasure."

"Stay away from my wife" I demand

Francisco chuckles "or what"

"Or ill come after you" and with thoughs words, I turn around and leave.

_______________|||______________

Sorry for the short chapter sorry if there are mistakes