(Chapter 2) Adulting

Secretary? Nah, I don't wanna do other's paperwork.

Dental Assistant? Nope, I'd probably knock someone's teeth out.

McDonald's?....... Heck. No.

I slammed my laptop shut with a loud whine. Why was this job hunting thing so hard? Paityn peered into my room at the sound of my outburst.

"Having trouble?"

"No, I'm doing fan-fricken-tasic, thanks for asking." I grumbled, laying my head in my arms on my desk.

Paityn came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Still haven't found your dream job, huh?"

I sat up and spun my chair around to face her as she sat down on my bed. I let out a weak chuckle. "Nah, not yet. I just can't find anything that would work with my recording schedule as well as something I have the credentials for."

Paityn hummed thoughtfully at my predicament. "Well, there's not really much I can do to help you. I've been looking a bit too and nothing has come available that I know you would wanna do. I did grab this for you though."

I glanced up with curiosity at her final statement. Paityn smiled and tossed me a rolled-up piece of paper. I caught it and unrolled it.

"A newspaper? These still exist?" I asked, amused at the gift my friend had gotten me. "Where'd you even get this? I thought we didn't get a newspaper here?"

"We don't, I got it from the neighbors. They said they were done with it. I figured you might be able to find something in the help wanted section." Paityn said with a smile.

I shook my head while laughing. "Eh, you know what, it's worth a shot. Thanks!"

"No problem I figured you'd at least enjoy looking through it," Paityn responded before standing up, stretching, and leaving my room. "Later!"

I smiled to myself before flipping through the pages of the newspaper. I found some ads, conspiracy stories, fake news, the daily comics (which I saved for later), and finally, the Help Wanted section.

Does anyone actually ever get hired from using this?

Most of the job listings were obviously from businesses run by older people. An antique store, looking for a cashier, a few small grocery stores looking for baggers, and a really suspicious one from a massage parlor. While amusing to look through, nothing was catching my eye. I let out a sigh and was just about to roll the newspaper back up and toss it in my trash bin when a particular word caught my eye.

Pizza.

A pizza joint? Now that might be interesting.

I unfolded the paper once more to see the full listing.

A security guard? At a kids pizza restaurant?? Who's tryna rob a pizza joint?

I considered the ad for a moment. Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. I remember that place. I'd gone there a few times as a kid. I used to love it there, the games, the food, the cool robot animals. It was practically made for eight-year-old me! It looked like they were hiring for the night shift, which would work with my schedule. Sure, the pay was super cheap, but for 6 hours a night? Heck yeah, I was gonna jump on that!