Chapter Six

Lorraine's first thought when she woke up was that she was mated to a damn Alpha.

Their small exchange had been cut short as he had received a mindlink informing him of an urgent matter he had to attend, leaving Lorraine with a small kiss on the forehead which she tried to avoid, and at the bottom of the stairs.

She took that as an opportunity to dash back upstairs into her room and lock herself in there for the remainder of the party.

Thankfully, no one had come after her.

She was now lying in bed thinking of yesterday's events. Her stomach began to churn at the thought of Sam and Ben coming after her but she was relieved that they didn't know where she had gone. That was the least of her worries now. That lifted her spirits slightly but being mated to an Alpha dampened her mood ever so much.

Noah.

Lorraine seemed to have grown a liking towards that name overnight as it sent butterflies through her and made her heart speed up slightly. It suited him she thought.

He was by far the most attractive man Lorraine had ever laid her eyes on but the stubborn side of her refused to let him know.

She didn't know what to do. Lorraine knew that calling her parents would be out the question – she didn't want to listen to them natter on about her safety when she knew she was somewhat safe, she just had to have confidence in herself. Plus, she didn't want anyone to know she had found her mate who was none other than the Alpha of her current pack.

Lorraine groaned as she stretched her limbs out. Glancing at the clock, she saw that it was not even ten in the morning and figured that a small run wouldn't do much harm to her and her wolf.

Dressing in her running shorts with a loose white top, she zipped up her hoodie and made her way out of her bathroom whilst trying to put on her beat-up trainers. She figured that many of the wolves that lived in the house would not be up yet given the heavy alcohol that had consumed them all, so she was eager not to wake anyone.

She hoped that her mate was not awake either, praying silently to the Goddess to let her have a peaceful run without the pervading thought of him bursting her bubble.

She made her way out through the double doors of the patio and followed the pebble path that lead to the forest that surrounded the pack house.

Not long after stretching her limbs, Lorraine broke into a sprint until she decided it was time to shift. As she shifted, Lorraine felt her limbs extending with sprouts of fur growing out of her body and not ten seconds later, she had morphed herself into the beautiful dark ebony wolf she was.

Lorraine's wolf was a petite, dark furred wolf with dazzling eyes that if you looked into them, you were certain that you could see your own reflection. She was stunning.

Lorraine's furrowed her claws in the dirt, marking her starting position so she could find her way back. Lorraine still had some sort of control but when in wolf form, her wolf had garnered the control Lorraine didn't have.

She darted through the forest, weaving in and out of the trees in no certain direction. The wind rippled against her soft fur as she ran, avoiding branches high and low and Lorraine felt a cool breeze catch up around her.

Lorraine spent at least half an hour running through the forest in her wolf form until her limbs became stiff and sore. She finally found the dirt marks she had made before she ran and shifted quickly behind a large tree, putting on all her clothes.

Lorraine felt lighter as she walked back up the pebble path to the patio, feeling somewhat elated. Her wolf was no longer clawing to be let out and was now pacing back and forth within Lorraine, perhaps wanting to be in close contact with her mate. Lorraine tied her hair into a high ponytail so it was out of her face, wiping the sweat away with the hem of her hoodie.