Chapter Two: School, School, School

May hasn't been at school lately I don't really know why. The one day she was in school i handed her the letter and...

Okay she never replied she has cried and cried and cried when she recieved it and I feel really sad I couldn't do anything I knew I had to leave before I started crying its worse now May has been very distant with me lately and hanging out with Lilly Saunders I don't know exact what to do without May without anyone I'm completely alone. I try calling me I don't believe her I mean I've done nothing wrong I honestly tried and I have to try and tell her is as easy as it works it was actually extremely difficult I didn't know how to explain everything that I did when I did nothing to do great however she thought Different I've tried to call a house several times she just won't pick up because apparently she's "busy"

What is worse my dad even thrown me a going away party and May never even bothered to show up, all my old friends from preschool showed up. And it hurts me that May never turned up I'm distraught I was so upset with her I cannot believe she missed my going away party I'm leaving tomorrow what exactly do you do? say goodbye she won't  pick up the phone or to see her she's always busy and I'm sick of that I've got sort this out if not now when I get to Australia there's nothing I can do about it.

"I'm all packed dad" I say enthusiastically.  "I know that this may be hard on you" dad said to me sympathetically. "things like this happen in life and you just going to take them and live with them I mean I know it's not nice  having to leave America leaving the friends behind but I've tried and I'm trying to be a good dad for you" dad said. Just as a moment there rose comes down stairs she doesn't seem happy now she protesting going dad thought he had a hard time with me and now Rose she's like his princess is a little angel that always does everything daddy wants and now she's rebelling good luck with that dad

He doesn't even ask why do I really have to ask is so obvious she thinks she can get her own way she wants to prove that she can get her way about this and I can't.

"We are leaving tomorrow there's no point protesting Rose" I say "oh shut it Isabel maybe people don't listen to you, but people listen to me. Get over it big baby" Rose says obnoxiously. Typical Rose for you I thought. It's the night before we leave my stomach is full of energetic butterflies, I hope May calls me to say goodbye... My eyes fill up with salty tears, I start to cry and I feel good for doing it. I've never gone a day without speaking to May, it's been nearly a week which feels like forever...

My alarm rings loudly at 3am so we don't miss our flight, we are all packed up and ready to go. I look around my room memories coming to me like a flood all flowing Into my head, these all make me devastated to think about leaving America, my home. The flight seemed to take years, I was sat next to this little screaming two year old. Oh the joys of irritating children yelling.

 We soon arrived into Sydney which I have to admit was a breathtaking place, the scenery was flawless. I take a glimpse at our new home which was much bigger than our old house I go straight upstairs to my room, it was plain and bare off white with big windows showcasing the amazing view. Nothing like I ever imagined it at all, I look up my schools name online and see the class I was put in along with the pupils names, they all seem quite nice. I think things are starting to look up a little bit more now.

Well I was wrong... When I got to school everyone has their own group of friends I just didn't belong anywhere there were the the nerds, the jocks the nerdy jocks and definitely the preps I had a really lonely day by myself nothing could ever get worse oh wait I was wrong about that.

I felt really isolated what was worse was that the teacher set us in groups to do a presentation, I didn’t even know the people it was my first day for goodness sake. Miss Henderson put me with Bethany, Hannah and Christina they were all friends, they go to cool parties and are the total popular girls. I know I would never be able to fit in with them. I don’t know where id fit in… if I ever did…

The first part of the presentation was the hardest when I get asked what I know about different places in German, I never studied German in my old high school I only ever did French which I found pretty easy I’m honest. The work is so complex I have no idea what we are even learning. im too afraid to ask anyone because I know they will judge me then again I can’t write nothing on my part this is so hard I want to go back home.  Just then Miss Henderson peers over my work and grumbles about it, I feel rather uncomfortable then all the girls start sniggering, I make an excuse and leave the classroom fighting back tears I attempt to call May on Rose's Cellphone that "axidently" ended up in my school bag that day, but if i do call her in America it would be around 5pm, she picks up

“Hi May” I say relieved she actually picked up for once

“Uh Hi Isobel, I’m a little busy with Lily right now we are playing Guess the animal”! May yells excitedly down the phone.

“Oh sorry to bother you then” I say disappointedly and I hang up, I can’t believe may is actually treating me like this we have been best friends since forever, I hate my dad for making me move. For making May find new friends that override me there’s no doubt now that I’m not going back into class. I find a space on the floor to sit on and get out an album i had in my old school bag which was the one i took today. I look at all my pictures and most of them are silly little pictures of Me and May making stupid faces I can no longer fight back tears , they come spilling out of me and I can’t stop them, I want to go home.

I vaguely hear the faint sound of the lunch bell, that isn’t good at all I could hear loads of footsteps outside the bathroom I can’t leave because my bag is still in the classroom. I wipe my eyes and try to look happy when I walk in, but Miss Henderson had seen that I had been crying. She tried to talk to me I make a beline to leave I didn't even know what to say to her she asked me if i was alright, and shes here to talk, but i didnt listen to any of it. I want to go home I don't ever want to go to school again. Ever.

But ill do everything in my power to make sure that I never have to do this again.

 As I arrive home, Rose was crying. You could hear her from upstairs and I didn't really want to talk to her but hearing my sister cry hurts me so I decided to go upstairs to talk to her.

 I approach her door and wonder what on earth I’m actually doing, I haven’t spoke to rose voluntarily since I was 5 and then I got put off talking to her, anyways here it goes I knock gingerly on Roses door waiting for her to say something mean or "go away Isabel" but I only got a sob and "come in" I hesitate for a moment

"Rose what's the matter?" I ask concerned.

"School is the matter, I don't like anyone there and the lessons are impossible. Much harder than in America." She sighs.

 I feel bad for Rose, she's always been happy about everything. I've never actually seen her like this, so its settled we can never go back to that hell of a school, I don't know how we would get out of it, Rose is only 15 so only 4 years older than I am. We could skip school together, I'm sure that would work.

Skipping school? Is that even legal? I don't think so. I think long and hard about skipping, I didn't like the thought of it so I just have to suck it up 

I walk down to the local park it has many screaming kids running around with huge smiles on my face I find a place to settle down then a boy, not too much older than me with Brown hair and chestnut eyes walks over and sits next to me.

"Hi" he says to me

"Um hi how's it going" I reply

"It's going good, I was just over there a second ago and I saw your beauty from so far.

I feel my cheeks go red they feel like they are on fire! I fear he can notice it

"Haha thank you and you look very nice yourself, I am Isabel, and you are?

"Oh I'm Dylan I'm new around here just starting year 9 in Oakwood Secondary School".

That's the same school and same year as I'm in I think finally I might have found a friend... Or maybe more...