Introductions

I was pulled from my dramatic, 'movielike' flashback, as the sound of a lift and a sudden change of altitude raised my awareness. While it was true my anxiety, insomnia and imminent fear of death did not let me sleep, I was almost half-unconscious before I was fortunate enough to be pulled out of the ice. 

A couple of men and women seemed to be helping out other survivors in the aftermath of the avalanche. A voice with the strongest blue-blood highlander accent I recognized approached me. The man who saved me had a pile of blankets and rugs in his hands.

"Hey I'm Tomas, are you okay?" he asked with a level of concern as I stared into his deep, dangerous eyes.

"I'm Malencia, you can just call me Cia", I replied with my teeth chattering. Oh my god. I felt so embarrassed. 

"So tell me your story", he curiously questioned staring right back into my eyes. " I mean, how did you end up here"

As I feel deeper in his eyes, the colors surprised me. His left eye was green, like sunlight on moss and his right eye was the blue of an October sky. Tomas was definitely endowed with athletic ability and seemed to have strength that wasn't bulky and belligerent, but streamlined and swift.

I painstakingly thought to myself "Cia, you're not going to be crushing on a guy you just met. I mean you literally just found out about Will"