A Life For A Life

"HOLD IT! HOLD IT RIGHT FUCKING THERE!", Gihen screams, using his other hand to get back up. His arm's still bleeding profusely. I notice my sister run back and grab my katana before handing it to me.

"NEITHER of you are making it out of this hell alive!"

"Are you gonna suicide bomb it?", I ask, unimpressed.

"Wh- No, I have prosthetics. I'm not an idiot"

"Ah"

"BUT YOU DO NOT GET TO LEAVE THIS HELLHOLE AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING!"

I stare at the ground in silence as Izuku runs back to the control panel. I hear sparks alongside clanks on metal as she stands beside me, raising my katana.

"I'll kill him if you want me to. I know you want to", she says, glaring at him.

I shake my head. "Help me up"

Sighing, she hesitantly puts my arm around her shoulder and the two of us walk over to the wounded villain. Well, she's walking. I'm just limping awkwardly while wincing.

As we reach him, I motion for her to hand me my katana and she places it in my left hand. I then place the tip of the blade at the center of his forehead. A cut forms already as he stares at me.

"Listen, Gihen...the way you are now, you're as strong as a string of melting cheese. And I'm lactose intolerant"

"Fuck you", he growls, his eye twitching as he glares at me.

I sigh. "What I mean is, you're dead to me either way. Right now, you're pulling the curtains and nothing's gonna stop it. Wanna know why?"

"Wh-"

Suddenly, the outer hallway begins to echo with screams and blasts. Roars fill the outside and find their way in, turning his glare into a shocked expression.

"You didn't-"

"Be careful who you betray, G. Not even the heroes in this world can escape being villains in someone's story. And it just so happens that I'm a better one than you'll ever be. Wanna know why?"

He glares emptily as I place my blade at his neck from my right. Chuckling, he closes his eyes and smiles.

"Let me guess...I was reckless?"

"Yep. You're one desperate villain and I'm sorry I have to do this...but at the same time, not really"

Quickly, I slash and slit his throat as blood gushes out everywhere. The two of us then sigh and walk outside as my vision begins to blur and my heart begins to feel like a rock.

...this world really is cruel, isn't it?

But...it's so nice as well..

But of course, everything here comes with a hefty price. It's always a life for a life. An eye for an eye..

That's been drilled into my head since I was three.

Makes sense it'd stay even now.

I notice my eyelids slide halfway as part of my vision darkens and my head hangs low.

"Aneue?", Izuku asks in her sweet voice, still carrying me outside. 

I chuckle under my breath. "Damn it.."

My vision goes black as I hear my sister call out to me. 

If I'm dying, I hope I wake up in another world.

If not..

Please let me wake up in my sister's arms..