[3] Spending Some Time With Gaara

[We all stan a happy Gaara.]

We made it through phase one and two of the chunin exams.

The second phase, in the forest of death or whatever, was difficult, to be honest. But, it's over! Next would be the final phase, where the real fighting happens!

My stomach growled softly.

I pouted and rubbed my stomach and said, "Poor me, I have to feed myself after all of that."

"Why are you talking to your stomach?"

I jumped and turned around, there stood Gaara.

"Gaara..."

He looks at me, "I have some questions for you... But, I guess after you eat."

I grinned and asked, "Are you going to feed me?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well, now you are," I told him. "I'm in the mood for some barbecue," I added and started to walk.

Gaara followed me, but not beside me, he walked behind me.

I glanced at him and stopped in my tracks.

He stopped behind me.

"Why won't you walk beside me? Do I stink?" I asked, "Or does my ass look good from behind there?" I teased.

His cheeks turned red, but he shook his head, going back to his regular, emotionless look. "I just... Can't walk beside you." He said.

I looked ahead, turning my back towards him, then looked at the sky and smiled.

"Monsters aren't always lonely, you know?" I said. "Even monsters have friends."

I glanced at Gaara, he was silent.

"I'm not moving until you walk beside me," I told him.

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded, "I can stand here all day."

He sighs, "I don't have time for this. I can talk to you another time when you don't want to be stubborn."

He then turned around and got ready to walk away.

I grabbed his hand and forced him to stand beside me.

He looked at me shocked, his eyebrows furrowed, "You--"

I smiled, brightly. "Let's go."

He stared at me, for a second, his eyebrows relaxing and he silently nods his head.

I let go of his hand, and this time we walked side by side to a barbecue place.

Once there, I stopped and looked at the red-head.

"I'll be back. I'm going to get the food to go. And, I'll get you a bag of chips." I told him.

He gave me another silent nod, and I went inside.

After a few minutes passed, I returned with one bag of barbecue food and another bag with barbecue chips.

"Why didn't you want to eat inside?" He asked.

"Well, we're going to talk right?" I looked at him.

He nodded.

I smiled and said, "Good, come on."

He nodded again, together we walked once again, side by side.

I led him to a large lake in Konoha.

Once there, we sat on a bench in front of the large lake.

It was quiet and just us.

I placed the open bag of barbecue chips between us.