Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Somebody Who Wants To Forget Me

"There's Finn!" Someone called out.

I turned around and saw Finn with Mercedes, Mike, and Artie following behind him, making their way to the bulletin board. Some of the kids began rushing towards the same direction, and that's when I realized what was happening.

The casting list

I sprinted across the hallway, cutting between people to make sure I was the first to see the list. I made it behind Finn, desperately waiting for him to finish pinning the list to the board and move out of the way. Finally, the over-six-foot tall giant walked away, and I moved in to get a clearer view of the list.

It wasn't that big of a surprise to me, I knew I was going to get this part, but I was still excited as hell. I smiled widely, turned around and in victory, danced a little. I stayed for a bit to see the other's reactions as they took a look at the casting list.

"Alright, alright," Sam said in- uh, in some.. Kind of accent, I couldn't tell what impression he was doing this time.

He walked towards me and asked, "What part did you get?"

"Cha Cha," I sang, wiggling my body foolishly. "How about you?"

"Kenickle," He smirked.

The two of us continued chatting, ambling away from the small crowd.

"Patty Simcox?" Somebody shouted from the crowd we were now distant from. "Patty Simcox!? Who the hell is Patty Simcox!?"

***

"Yeah, and the new guy Ryder is gonna play Danny Zuko and Marley is gonna play Sandy."

"How about Rizzo? Do you know who's gonna play Rizzo?"

"Oh yeah, Mercedes is playing Rizzo."

"Mercedes?"

"Yeah, totally. Apparently she never graduated so she got this new hair cut and all this stuff," I replied, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I stuffed my hair in a hat to see how I'd look like as a boy.

"But just the other day she uploaded a photo on Facebook of her standing near the Hollywood sign-"

"Can we please stop talking about Mercedes?" I yawned, taking the hat off and lying back in bed.

"Well, I guess somebody didn't sleep well last night," she chortled over the phone.

"Yeah, Sam snuck in through my window last night so we could look out for flying saucers together," I replied, stretching just a bit. "It was pretty fun, I wish you were here to look out for Martians with us."

"Wait, Sam? You - you snuck him into your room..?" She asked.

"Yeah, Sam? Sam Evans? You remember him? He has lips bigger than my future-"

"Brittany, I know who you're talking about, I just.." I heard her clear her throat on the other end as I picked at my middle finger's nail with my thumb. "I don't- I- do you um, do you like him or something?"

"Yeah, sure, he's a cool guy and his impressions are pretty funny, why?"

"So you don't like him as in," she sighed heavily. "Like him as in you're interested i-in having relationship with him.. maybe..?"

"I.. I don't like him like that.." Was it possible that Santana would have been jealous if I had replied 'yes'? "Santana, are you sure you're okay with me going into another relationship? Because it doesn't sound like you w-"

"I'm fine," she grunted.

I know a lot of people find me confusing, but god, sometimes Santana can be more confusing than me. What bothers me most is half of the time, she can't seem to make up her mind, such as right now.

"Santana, when are you going to stop pretending to be oblivious to the fact that I'm in love with you?" I implored, rubbing my thigh with the other hand. "You know I am, and I don't want anyone else. We've been through this. Mostly, stop pretending to be okay with me being interested in somebody else, because you're so clearly not."

"You don't even know what you're talking about, I- I am okay with it I just.. look, Brittany, you're - I'm trying to just be your friend right now, and you're my friend. I really need to forget right now.."

Forget.

How does one forget every little moment shared between two people who love each other? Every word said, and every feeling felt? And why would anyone want to forget something that was so beautiful?

Why would she want to forget about us? What was so bad about remembering?

"You used to tell me we could always be honest with eacho-"

"God Brittany, let it go already!"

"No! I won't let it go! I.. I won't, okay?" I placed the palm of my hand on my forehead, taking deep breaths, and trying to relax. "W-What? What is it, do you hate me?"

"No, Brittany, I don't hate you," she croaked, ending her answer with an audible sniff.

"Do you want to stop talking to me? You don't even have to keep talking to me, you know. I seem to annoy you or whatever," I continued to question.

"No, that's not what I want."

"Then what do you want? A time machine?" I asked. "Unfortunately, you can't afford one, so you're going to have to do something about this, what's happening now. You can't forget, you can't go back to where we started, we're here. So move, do something. Do what you want, take me or leave me because I really don't like standing in the middle."

"I.. This isn't even making any sense anymore," she breathed. "We're arguing about whether or not I'm okay with you being with someone else, not about you still insisting we get back together."

"And you don't want us to get back together?"

"Not yet, how many times do I have to repeat myself?" She emphasized.

"If you do eventually, then why are you trying to forget?"

There was a long pause coming from Santana. A few moments later, a beep came from my phone. I removed the phone from my ear and glanced at the screen. She hung up, and my chest immediately began to ache.

|| I'm sorry for another horrible and short chapter, and I apologize for all the arguing between Santana and Brittany, and bla bla bla. Next chapter will be better I swear (well, I hope) ||