Chapter 4

Chapter 4, part 1: Somebody Who Apologized To Me

Santana and I haven't spoken in a few weeks. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her, and it makes me really sad that we're not talking, but this week is Grease week and I need to stop thinking about her.

"Alright guys! listen up," Mr. Schue announced as he walked into the choir room. "I have an announcement to make."

"Adele is dead," I blurted out. God, I really hope that wasn't the news he was going to give us. I really love her songs, especially 'Back to Black'.

"No." He shook his head slightly, then in a firm voice he said, "I have been asked to join a blue ribbon panel to rewrite the arts curriculum, nation wide."

Suddenly, the students began to clap and lightly cheer. I let out a 'wow' but I honestly didn't understand what Mr. Schue was even talking about. I remember when Santana used to explain to me anything I had trouble with whenever I was confused and needed to understand whatever Schuester talked about. This year, especially lately, I have been entirely lost. I needed her, Santana was literally my guidance, and how does one live without one?

"-at the end of the week." I heard, and I looked up at Mr. Schue.

At the end of the week what? That was another thing, it was definitely getting harder to concentrate in everything.

"Which is why this is only temporary, I'll be back right after sectionals," he added.

There was an uproar in the classroom, and some of the students (mostly Tina) began to protest against the idea.

I didn't know Mr. Schue was leaving, maybe he's going to have that Jesse kid coach us while he's gone.. or maybe I can coach the glee club. I mean, besides Sugar who can barely sing a note without sounding like she's getting ran over by a train, I think I can help the others work on their songs and stuff. Sugar would just have to sway in the background like Tina usually does - actually, she'll probably be with Tina swaying. I don't think anyone really likes Cohen-Chang anymore anyway.

"-which is why I brought in Finn Hudson!"

Wait, what?

Finn's dopey grin stretched across his face unconfidently. I thought it was a bad idea, sometimes Finn sings like he's trying to pull a log out of his butt and he dances like - well, like he's trying to pull a log out of his butt. That's actually a pretty gross thought.

"Mr. Schue! Finn cannot take over the glee club, he doesn't know what he's doing! Sorry Finn!" Tina yelled out.

I knew Mr. Schue wasn't going to change his mind about keeping Finn as a substitute. It was hard imagining Finn teaching, but I guess I'm going to have to deal with it for a while now.

***

The girls all got invited to a sleepover at Kitty's house.

We were all trying on our costumes in the auditorium. Sugar and I walked up to Tina, who was helping Marley fit into her costume.

"Aye, Tina!" The two of us called out simultaneously.

Tina paused for a moment, turned around and smiled at us.

"I love it, I promise I won't pee in it," I mentioned, and I gave it my word.

The next thing I knew, Kitty started making fun of Marley for not fitting into her costume. So she may have had a little weight gain (not that I noticed, but Kitty claimed so), but she's definitely not fat. In fact, she's probably thinner than Kitty.

I looked at Sugar and the both of us agreed to walk away.

"So have you talked to Santana yet?"