Chapter 22.

Date Published: May 17, 2021

KRISTIEN

After taking Maria to her home and explained everything that happened to her parents, I immediately went to my territory.

"Yosores, get any updates about Faye Agoncillo and her family. I need to know everything about them ASAP." I said and he immediately went out of the territory.

"Young master, coffee?" I looked at Den and accept the coffee from him and drink it.

"Young master, I've heard a while ago from that Salvatrus that Agoncillo Family is a part of an organization where there are harassing their target then using them to have money." He said.

"And according to them, they're attacking the target mentally and emotionally because that is the weakest part of a person and if they succeeded, they'll hold that person accountable to use them." He added.

"So, if they are doing that, did they do that to Maria also?" I asked. I need to know about that too. I look back at him again.

"Kindly tell the Salvatrus to investigate the things that Agoncillo has done to Maria Annadea Morales ASAP," I said and he nodded

"Yes, young master." He went on his way and I have to do something about this ASAP. I need to protect her from harm.

I sat down on the table and think all about what I learned today. If that's the case, there are still things that Maria didn't tell us yet.

I want her to tell me everything but how am I going to make her tell me everything? How am I make her tell me comfortably?

"I should do something about this." I commented then think of a way for her to tell me the truth.

MARIA ANNADEA

I'm walking again endlessly in a park full of flowers around me. Wondering endlessly without a reason why.

I want to see him again... As I walk endlessly, I finally saw his face - Kris' face. I run towards his place but stopped myself when I saw something is off about him.

"Why you have blood all over your face and clothes?" I asked him as I held his cheeks. He looked at me coldly.

"What happened to you? Please, tell me." I said but he didn't say anything to me. I hugged him tightly for him to know that I'm still willing to accept him if I learned the truth.

••••

I woke up because of a dream. I sat down on my bed and it's still dark. The only light that I have is the moonlight outside.

I got up from my bed and when I was about to go outside of my room, someone opened the door and I saw Faye with a knife full of blood.

She's looking at me with hatred within her eyes. I got scared because of her and how did she get into the house?

"It's time for you to die and be with your parents." She laughed hysterically as she stabbed me repeatedly. I screamed in pain and ask for help.

As she stabs me repeatedly, her eyes scared me. She looks like a crazy psycho and she's not the Faye that I know since we were a child.

When I was about to lose consciousness...

••••

I woke up from a nightmare and I breathe heavily. I held my forehead and I'm sweating too much and I looked around me.