Chapter 52.

Date Published: December 13, 2021

~ CHRISTMAS DAY ~

MARIA ANNADEA

Today is Christmas and we're giving presents to the people who are caroling outside the house. We are giving them candies with 100 pesos as gifts.

This became a tradition to us every Christmas Day and for us, this is about sharing the things that we have during this day.

"Thank you very much!" The kids said as they accepted the gifts from us and run towards their parents happy.

"I remember the time when I'm also doing this as a kid," I commented to big brother. He caressed my hair.

"You're not a little kid anymore so, you can't do that now. They won't give you anything because you're a grown-up lady now." He explained:

"I know that brother. I understand that, it's just that I miss it," I said and sighed.

"Merry Christmas!" the new group of kids greeted us then I gave them candies and 100 pesos one by one.

"Merry Christmas," I greeted them back and they happily accepted everything from me.

"Thank you!" they said then went towards the other house. If I remember it correctly, I collected almost 2 thousand pesos before when I'm doing Christmas Carols.

"Merry Christmas, little sister," big brother gave me an envelope and I accepted it.

"Thank you," I stated then take a look at the envelope and I saw 10 thousand pesos inside it. I keep this so that, I have my own savings.

"I'll put this to my piggy banks for safekeeping. Thank you very much, brother," I stated and mom went towards us.

"I want to tell you that, we already started in building your café now. So that, by next year, you can start operating it," she said.

"I'll train you in handling it, okay?" I nodded at her. 

"Thank you, mom," I stated then she kissed me on my forehead. We continued giving gifts to the kids who are caroling in front of our house.

~ JANUARY ~

I woke up and sat down on the bed. This is the day of clearance for me. I have to go to school to me finish it quickly.

I got up from the bed then went inside the shower room to prepare myself. I have to go there early so that, there are still no long lines there.

•*•*•*•*

We're now eating breakfast while talking bout my plans for today on the campus.

"Sweetheart, finish your clearance immediately for you not to have a problem before graduation. Okay?" I nodded at dad.

"I understand that, dad. I'll go to the campus later to finish it. I'll also be going to ask something about graduation," I answered.

"Okay, sweetheart. Good. Tell us if there's a problem, okay?" I nodded and smiled.

"What's the update about Faye?" I asked them. I'm still worried about her even though she did a lot of wrongdoings to me.