•》Chapter XX: "Fear of Lost" - Part2《•

"The day of the first fall, Father gave me a message. I was chosen because I was the strongest before. He told me to stay here in Isvel and build a cage no one from all the worlds can break. It was a very tough task but I gave all my time and strength to fulfill it. It took me countless years to finally find a metal that will give structure to that cage."
Ellior paused for a moment.

"Cage? What is that cage for?" Ark asked in a confused tone.

"It's for you Clairen." Ellior answered while looking straight at her.

"Wait, what? ...You will cage her?"
Zach didn't like it.

"Yes, young man." the old woman answered calmly.

"Father wants to put me in a cage? Why?" Claire asked. She felt a little hurt.

"Not to worry, it's not for imprisonment. It's only temporary confinement until you become what you needed to be... to stop the devil." Ellior clarified. Her voice became deep and serious when she said her last words.

"Devil? ...What is that?" Per asked in a bothered tone.

"Devil is the name of that monster Clairen saw at the pit." she revealed.

"It's a very powerful and notorious being. Father knew this day will come, so he made an immediate action without your knowledge to maintain the proper order of your existence. It should not be interrupted so that this day will come." she added.

"I still don't understand. What do I have to be? And how will that cage help me?" Claire asked. Her expression was full of questions.

"To cleanse Henthel is not the real reason why Father put the evil fragments of the first fall inside you. Instead, he stored it in you so that you can use it against the enemies." she answered.

"But how? I can't control that power. It breaks me. It makes me... it makes me evil."
Claire was beginning to sound frantic.

"That's the purpose of the cage. You have to learn to control that power inside it." she replied.

"And what if she fails to control it?" Per asked in a worried tone.

"She won't fail. If Father trust her, so do we." she asserted.

Silence filled the room for a moment. Ellior knew from their expressions, the truth bothered them, but Claire felt most of its weight. She never expected the truth about her real purpose.

"Listen Clairen. I know this is going to be another sacrifice on your part. You've already done so much for all of us, but right now, both worlds still need you. The final battle is about to come. Humans and even our fellow Angthens need your help. This is what you needed to be. This is your fate." Ellior said in a low but serious tone.

《••••••○○●○○••••••》

All of them headed back to Lynchburg. Ellior gave them two days to internalize the truth. It was afternoon when they arrived back. During the remaining time of the day, none of them spoke to each other. They were all bombarded with bad feelings and thoughts.

Zach went to the shower in an attempt to light up his chaotic mind and heart. He was full of agony, worries and fear. That moment, while the water continued to flow down his body, he released his anger. He hit the wall in front of him with his fist several times. He didn't know exactly why he's angry but he could feel bitterness inside him.

Claire stayed outside the house sitting on the porch's stairs. She was looking down the ground trying to imagine herself in a cage savaging from the evil crawling out of her body. It happened many times. She knew it will not going to be easy.