•》Chapter XXVI: "Nothing Changed" - Part2《•

"How is that possible? We're only bound to love Father alone. It's a known fact among us." Ark argued.

"But Father never said that. We just inculcated it in our minds because we're bound with rules." Claire replied.

"So you're saying it was love that led Frendil to kill Serin?" he asked.

"Yes, and that love made him do it. Just like what happened to me, when I thought Lucifer betrayed me." she answered.

"Love is both beautiful and ugly." he commented.

"If that's true, I can't believe I closed my heart to love another in my hundred years of existence." Per realized.

That thought made her feel a little depressed.

"Well... if Father is against it, he will surely come here right now and scold us. Maybe part of all that happened is to let us find it out on our own... I think... Claire is right. We're actually like her, capable to love another." Ark finally agreed.

Claire thought about what could have happened if they had discovered it earlier than that. She realized, she and Lucifer could have possibly shared real love to each other, but then she also perceived, if that occurred, she would have never known Zach in her life. That thought bothered her. She quickly removed it in her mind.

She turned her head and looked at him sitting beside her. He looked back. That moment, she felt happy her fate led her to meet him.

"What?" he asked while seeing her staring at him.

"Nothing, I just want to see your face." she answered with a smile.

Zach smiled back. He didn't know what she was thinking, but he felt happy hearing those words from her.

《•••••○○●○○•••••》

Before they begin their assembly with the elders, Claire took Zach in a private room to rest. She knew he hadn't gotten a nice sleep from the day they arrived in Russia until that time. After taking a warm bath together, they laid down on the bed. Claire crawled on his body and wrapped her arms around him.

"Zach... I'm very happy I met you." she said softly.

"Me too" he replied.

"You look very cute when you're jealous." she teased.

Zach's face flushed.

"Please, stop it." he pleaded while covering his face with his one hand.

Claire chuckled. When she removed his hand, she saw his cute reddened face. She pinched his cheeks and kissed him.

"I want to introduce you to him. Let's meet him together." she told him.

Zach saw seriousness in her eyes. It made him feel flattered.

"Okay" he answered with a smile.

Claire smiled too.

《•••••○○●○○•••••》

Averith arrived early in the assembly room. She knew their meeting will be long and crucial. She sat on her chair and waited. Not long, Lancel came with Welsa. They joined her at the round table.

"You're early." Welsa greeted.

"I'm always early, Welsa." she answered in a calm tone.