3 The Necrotic Crown

"So good of Tom to point us to the right room," Albus Dumbledore hovered on the threshold, clearly waiting to be invited in. Alastor Moody sneered and pushed past him, his electric blue false eye swelling quickly round in it's socket, searching, ever searching for things that could attack. He searched across her body, into the potions ingredients, the chair that Snape had just left and then the eye came to a stop as it looked directly at her. He let out a low grumble, "You're a walking violation of so many magical treaties," he told her. "The bag on your waist isn't exactly legal is it? You've really gone to town on it's protections too, haven't you girl?"

"Come now Alistor, we are not here to arrest the poor girl," Dumbledore finally entered the room and he crossed to her fire and sat in Severus empty seat.

"I'd be doing everybody a favour if I did," he scowled.

"You'd be doing a lot of people a favour, Moody, if you stopped treating me as the enemy. Do you know how much trouble you could have saved if you had just purchased the Grant's Artifact like I asked you to?"

"Don't try and pin your stupidity on me girl," Moody huffed. "Why on Earth would I try and buy something cursed from somebody like you?"

"A chance to end a society of dark wizards, a victory handed to you and the Aura's on a gold leaf plate," Arun sneered spreading her hand as if she were holding one. "But you were far too proud to see it."

Dumbledore seemed to be enjoying the show, but now he held up a hand and sighed, "What is done is done. Heavy handed though she is, Alistor, I'm sure we can agree that in destroying those Artifacts Miss Granville did a great service to the Wizarding community and dealt a blow right in the heart of a society that could have become very problematic."

"Problematic?" Moody growled, his arms crossed as he shifted his weight on his prosthetic leg.

"Forgive me, Gentlemen," Arundel cut in. "Why are you here?"

"An excellent question miss Granville," Albus Dumbledore told her. "You know why I am here, however I invited Alistor along because I think he could use your help."

"My help?" Arun echoed, her eyes narrowing.

"Help's a strong word," Moody muttered.

Dumbledore raised an eyebrow, "Who would like tea?"

Arundel shrugged her assent and Moody settled into the second chair, leaving only Arun standing. The Hogwarts School headmaster flicked his wand and conjured a tea set then floated the tea over to them as if they were his guests and this was his room. Arun sipped, feeling uneasy, as she waited for them to tell her what they wanted.

"That's better," Dumbledore sighed, "I often find that a cup of tea is the very thing that's needed to liven one's spirits."

"Yes," Arun told him flatly. "Just what we need," she put the cup down and raised an eyebrow. "Ask away Dumbledore."

"Very well, tell me about Albania."

Arun spread her hands wide and pulled an I-don't-know face.

"The prison break girl," Moody pressed.

"You think I know who did it?"

Dumbledore gave her a very serious look, "That prison contained some very unsafe witches and wizards."

Arun hooked her hands on her hips, "And?"

"Who helped you with the Grants Artifacts?" Dumbledore asked.

"Apart from you and Severus?" Arun laughed.

"Lupin has given me his report."

"Then you know, don't you."