• 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 •

.•° ✿ °•.

𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙀𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙧

"You're insane!," Parish shouted, discarding the rag he was previously toying with, tossing it aside

"We had a strict deal, Parish" Joel sniggered breathily, discreetly loading his gun.

"You're supposed to leave us the fuck alone-"

"And your part of the deal was to keep a steady load of supplies coming our way. But greed takes over sometimes, I get it" Joel snarled, stepping closer. His deep, southern accent seeping through each word spoken.

Joel aimed his gun at the fireflies forehead. Unsuspectingly, Parrish lifts his gun, shooting Joel in the shoulder, taking him by surprise. He dropped to his knees, pushing his hands to his wound to slow the bleeding.

"Joel!" Ellie yelled, managing to stay undetected, the sound muffled by a hand. She tries to run out from the behind shadows, ultimately being held back by Jesse.

"Ellie, this place is surrounded, you'll do something stupid if I let you go-"

"He just shot my fucking father!"

"you'll get killed if you try anything"

"I don't care just let me go!" she whispered harshly.

Jesse continued to restrain Ellie, not letting her go. She looked up. The man was now towering above Joel, his hands tightly gripping the gun. "Aren't so tough now are you, asshole?" he spoke, kneeling in front of him. With a shaky hand, Joel grabbed his knife from the holster, slyly moving it for better access.

"Go ahead and save the speech. What are you waiting for? Shoot me" He threw his arms out "You wont do it." the pair quickly catching onto his plans.

Subsequently, the noise of a bottle smashing sounded across the room, courtesy of Ellie, leading the guards to follow.

With Parrish distracted, Joel swiftly grabs the knife, driving it into the mans neck.

The only noise filling the dead silent room is a gunshot being fired.
Over in the corner, Ellie flinched. Opening her eyes, it took a second for her to recognise the sight in front of her.

When she did, she screamed.

Laying there on the floor, lifeless was the one person she truly cared for in this fucked up world, blood pouring from his shoulder and stomach.

Vision blurred from tears, Ellie searched around for the place the shot was fired.

Across the other end of the room stood a girl, no older than 19, still looking through the scope of her rifle. She sat up, pushing her navy hat up, uncovering her eyes. Instantly she recognised who it was.

Jesse dropped to the floor on his knees in shock, releasing Ellie from his hold.

Looking around at the chaos unfolding around her, Ellie stood up and began sprinting towards the girl. "You son of a-" One of the guards latched an arm around her neck, covering her mouth. Putting up a fight, she ended up squirming away, but not before placing a lucky punch on the guys jaw.

"Clear 'em out" one of the guards yelled, alerting the other gunners. As another appeared, starting towards her, Jesse's voice rang out.

"Run Ellie!"

Facing towards him, he was looking right at her from the grip of a struggling guard. "RUN!"

Not hesitating, Ellie dodged the paths of trouble, jumping out one of the open windows only to be dragged back by the sniper. Hitting the ground, Ellie looks up to see the butt of the gun quickly inching towards her head directly-

°•. ✿ .•°

Abruptly shooting up, Ellie sat bolt upright in bed, breathlessly panting. Night after night, the same scene was being pitched on a constant loop, memories of that night creating a shuffle of pseudo scenarios of what could've been.

It was as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. Her heart beat fast and there was a buzzing in her brain and together they were as panic with jump-leads. Only now her brain was as a flat battery.

Rubbing the remainders of sleep from her eyes and gazing out at the horizon, Ellie shook herself back to reality. Climbing out of bed and preparing for the day ahead of her.

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*