Zane

The time where Zane met Master Wu was a very eventful moment. He remembered working with his father a week or so before his meeting on his falcon friend, trying to improve the heat detector.

Zane always knew he was special at the point in time, he knew he was a robot but he also knew his father never loved him any less for it. Julien was an older fellow, starting to move into his senior days but he was determined to be there for Zane in the time he had.

Julien always explained to Zane why he was created, making sure he never lost sight of his purpose and what he brought to the world.

"You were meant to protect others who cannot protect themselves." He reminded Zane every day.

Zane enjoyed his life in the hideaway inside the tree. He would tinker with his father, chop wood to keep the fire going. The cold weather was always harsher in their woods, the tree wasn't well insulated meaning Julien was prone to getting so cold he was bridging on hypothermia and Zane's wiring started to freeze.

"We'll have to improve that." Julien chuckled after he helped Zane clean the frost off for over the thousandth time. Zane, of course, knew the exact time and when he told it to his father he always chuckled.

One day the weather was particularly harsh. Dark clouds hung in the air and a snowstorm blew harsh winds throughout the trees. Zane took the firewood he thankfully collected before and helped create a nice flame in their fireplace.

They talked and worked on a few inventions when suddenly there was a tap on the door. Zane exchanged a look with Julien. Julien often explained people may come for him because of his sharp mind and ability to create powerful machines.

Zane grabbed the same axe he uses for cutting wood and crept to the door, the falcon watching carefully from his perch. Zane threw open the door and a gust of cold wind ripped through the air. In the white gloom a shivering figure stood me wrapped in a dark cloak.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Zane demanded. They hadn't had visitors in so long and he doubted any of the old ones would come back.

The man threw back his hood, revealing calm eyes and long white hair.

"I'm a traveler hoping to get some shelter with Dr. Julien." The man told him. "I've always had good resistance to the cold but with a storm this harsh I am sure even a polar bear could stand it."

  Zane gave him a puzzled look but in his confusion the axe in his hands slipped, moving towards the man's shoulder, but before it hit his shoulder a layer of ice covered that limb creating a bit of an armour when they blade tried to pierce him.

"The Master of Ice!" Julien gasped.

The Master of Ice smiled, gently prying the axe out of the ice covered shoulder and letting the frozen shield fade away.

"Let him in Zane." Julien instructed, the boy nodded and let the strange visitor inside. His brow furrowed when he noticed the Master of Ice watching him carefully.

"I did not know you had a son Dr. Julien." The Master of Ice commented curiously as he took the nice cup of tea Zane offered him while he sat down.

"Yes, Zane is very special to me." Julien smiled at the boy. "I created him a while ago. I wanted to create something that could make a difference in this dark world."

The other man nodded slowly, looking lost in thought as he slowly raised the cup to his lips.

"Is that what you wish to do Zane?" The Master of Ice questioned.