°°°18°°°

The moment my body hit the water, I knew I never wanted to leave it. It was warm, and you could see straight to the bottom of it. It was that crystalline.

But then, I remembered something. I couldn't swim. My light body began drifting to the bottom of the lake. Well, it would have if Snake Eyes hadn't been holding me.

Pulling me to the surface, he kissed me. I was relying solely on him to keep me up, but I kissed him back. This was perfect!

"Is it as good as you thought it would be?" He had a mischievous gleam in his blue eyes. That's when I noticed it; the water of the lake and Snake's eyes were the exact same color. Like no joke, exactly the same!

"Better! I was terrified at first, but now it's perfect." I kissed him again.

"Good. I thought you might like it. I come here all the time. It's the only place I can chill."

"But you live four hours away. How can you come here?"

"I haven't gone back to AF in months. I only went to the ballgames to see you."

"So you haven't seen your family for that long?" Why would he stay here?

"Nope." A pop sounded. I loved it.

"Well, when do I get to meet Wolf and Adelaide? I really want to meet them."

"Well, we could go today?" Was he serious?

"If you're serious, then let's go!" I really wanted to meet the amazing people who had raised the man I loved and put up with all of his weird Russian business.

"Okay, as soon as we leave the lake. But I'm not ready yet."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Okay." I laughed. This "okay"thing was getting out of hand.

Still holding me above water, Snake kissed me one last time before pulling me to shore. Then, we just laid there for hours, talking about everything and nothing. I thought it could not have gotten more perfect, but it did. It started to rain. Not just any rain, a full shower dumping down on us.

"I love the rain!" I yelled over the sound.

"I do too!" Snake Eyes yelled back.

We just let the rain pour on us, not caring for anything. After a while, Snake spoke again, more quietly, as if to himself.

"Sad people love the rain because they're no longer crying alone."

I looked at him strangely. What kind of life had this magnificent man known. I just needed the courage to show him he was not alone.

"But, you're all...happy? He looked at me with a sad smile.

"The happiest people are the most broken, Babe."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We didn't stay much longer. Soon we drove back home just to tell Mom I was leaving, then we were off to AF.

We arrived at his house pretty late and apparently, he hadn't warned anyone he was coming home. We walked in through the back door and was met with a scream from upstairs and the cock of rifle.

The light from the house next door flipped on as someone ran out and over to Snake's house with another gun. Soon, we were backed into a corner of the nicest kitchen I had ever seen by two people with guns.

The first was a woman in her early thirties with dark brown hair and brilliant green eyes. The second was a man around twenty with the blondest hair I'd ever seen and similar amazing green eyes.