Chapter 14

My plan for today was just to stay home and do simple things like watch television or read a book but Gavin invited me to come to his house

My plan for today was just to stay home and do simple things like watch television or read a book but Gavin invited me to come to his house. Susunduin niya nalang daw ako mamaya.

Nandito ako ngayon sa kwarto ko, palipat-lipat ang tingin ko sa mga damit na nakalatag sa higaan ko.

Hindi ko alam kung magsusuot ba ako ng dress, kung skirt ba at blouse o kaya simpleng shirt at jeans lang. At the end, I decided to go with my flowy baby pink dress.

And just in time, dumating na nga si Gavin. I seated at the shotgun seat, looking at him with a light smile on my face. When he turned his face to me, I winked at him which caused us to laugh at the same time.

He drove all the way to his house. I discovered that he doesn't have any maids in his house which is the total opposite of mine. He lives alone in a not so big house, just the perfect size for a person who lives alone.

Pina-upo niya ako at sinabing maghintay muna at saka siya umalis. Habang naghihintay sakanya ay tumingin-tingin ako sa paligid ng bahay niya at kung ano ba ang ayos nito. As expected, wala siyang masyadong abubot o mga bagay-bagay na naka-display except for the picture of his family, with Jay in the middle. The motif of his house is white, gray and black which is totally expected for him to use.

When he came back, he instructed me to follow him and go to the back of his house, there I saw a treehouse with open lights inside it.

I was mesmerized by the view so Gavin needed to close my mouth for me, he did that while chuckling. I gave him a look before asking for permission to come in.

"Can we go there?" I said while pointing at the treehouse.

He nodded then helped me climb up the stairs. Pagkapasok ko palang ay bumungad na sakin ang itsura ng parang normal na bahay. Kung gaano kaliit tingnan ito sa labas ay kabaliktaran naman netoh kung gaano kalaki ito sa loob. Medyo mababa nga lang kisame pero sapat lang para makatayo kami ng maayos na hindi na kinakailangan pang yumuko.

"What do you think?" He asked, smiling.

"I want to stay here for the rest of my life. Can I?"

He chuckled again because of what I said, he went closer to me to drag me to the sofa and sitted me right next to him.

"You can. Stay here for the rest of your life but in one condition."

"What's your condition?" I asked with twinkles in my eyes even though I wasn't that serious about it.

"I'll only let you to stay here if... You become my wife."

"Whoa there, baby. Wife agad? Hindi pa nga kita sinasagot tapos nagpo-propose ka na agad. Hinay-hinay lang, dadaan rin tayo dyan."

He removed his hand that was over my shoulder. If he didn't removed it, I would have not known that someone's arm was placed around my shoulder. He looked at me while smiling.

"Let's eat?"

Tumango-tango ako at sinundan siya papunta sa isang lamesa kung saan nakahanda na ang mga kakainin namin.

After eating, we decided to watch a movie on his mini television.

I laughed loudly when the prank that was done by one of the main characters in the movie failed.

I was about to return my attention back to the movie but what weirded me out was Gavin didn't even laughed despite of how funny the scene is. I looked at him only to see him staring at me.

I looked at him directly in the eyes, my heart suddenly doubled in speed when he came closer, making our nose touch.

He looked at my lips before leaning in closer. After a couple of seconds, I felt his lips on mine, moving slightly.

At first, I wasn't responding but later on mimicked the movement of his lips. He held my nape as he made our kiss deeper.

I held his cheeks, caressing it with both of my hands while still having his hand on my nape.

He stopped kissing me, both of us still trying to catch our breaths after having our lips pressed together. He looked at me with his piercing eyes, I returned the gesture hesitantly as our hands are slightly touching.

He wrapped his pinky around mine, I felt butterflies in my stomach because of the sweet gesture.

He slowly intertwined our hands as he used his other hand to raise my chin, making me look at him more closely.

He sexily laughed to ease the tension between us because of what happened earlier.

He removed his hand that was holding my chin to remove the strand of hair that was covering my eyes and placed it behind my ear.

I felt my cheeks and ears burn, I already know that I'm freaking red right now.

I smiled at him as he did the same.

He opened his mouth like he was about to say something but then closed it again.

"What do you want to say?"

"Oh. Ahm." He rested his hand on his thigh but still having his other hand intertwined with mine.

"What is it, baby?"

His cheeks got redder than it was before when he heard what I said. He closed his eyes as he pursed his lips. He sighed deeply and returned his gaze to me.

"Be my girlfriend, Estella."

His words caught me off guard. He was patiently waiting for my answer while I was here, staring at him, still processing the things that was happening in my mind.

"Or are you not ready? I'm not forcing you, Estella. You can reject me if you're still not ready. I'll still court you, I'll still pursue you and wait for you to be ready. Trust me, it's ok."

His face showed how scared he was, assuming that I'll reject him.

I looked at the wall clock to look at the time then turned to him again.

"July 29, 1:30 AM. Remember it, it's our anniversary. I'll be expecting happy memories with you, Mr. Cortez... My Mr. Boyfriend. Sounds cute, right?"