Chapter 38

"I like this one more

"I like this one more. It looks much prettier, don't you think so too?" Crisel showed me a long pink dress which she drew infront of me on the spot. It had a deep v neck, I liked it. "We're going to use silk since that's what you wanted. I can make them all different by changing their designs on the back."

"I love it!" I told her what was on my mind. "But how about yours? Your dress needs to be completely different from the bridesmaids'. Both yours and Elaine's."

I have two maid of honors, which is the both of them so their outfits should be different from the others, even their bouquets needs to be a different design.

"Well, if you agree, ours will be red. The material we'll use is still silk. Everything needs to be atleast similar with yours since your wedding gown has a tint of pink."

"Oh, right. By the mention of it, can I see my wedding gown now?" I lifted my gaze from my ring to her again.

She took a paper from the organizer on her table. She looked at it first to confirm that what she picked up was the right one before she turned it to my side.

My mouth opened as a wow came out from it. She really did a good job capturing the exact image in my head even though I didn't described it too detailed since I was too excited while telling her what I wanted.

It was an off shoulder gown. Small elegant flowers were covering the top part of it which had a long v neck too like the bridesmaid's and their's. It had see through long sleeves and since they were puffy, it looked even more incredible. The flowers had a clean transition, they slowly lessen as your eyes go down on the bottom part.

I requested a long but manageable train and that's where the pink tint comes through, the train had a pink ambre effect. The whole creation screamed my name, it's nice having your bestfriend as your fashion designer.

"It looks like what I had imagined, Crisel!" I excitedly hugged her as a thank you.

"Good thing that you know what you wanted even after years of modeling. You saw a lot more wedding gowns than a single bride should see." She just nodded playfully.

As I got off her, I saw another pair of drawings on the side of her table that was covered on my view earlier so I couldn't see them, it was for a man.

"Kanino toh?" I asked as I picked up the paper with a suit as it's drawing.

"For Matt. But don't worry, that's on me-"

"You're finally letting us meet him?" I asked since she doesn't really like talking about him. If she does bring him with her on my wedding day, it'll be more memorable since it's the first time that I'll meet her fiance.

"If that's ok with you." She smiled, she looked worried.

"Of course, it is. I've been waiting to see him!" I returned the gesture back by smiling at her too to reassure her that it was really ok for me, I was even more excited than her.

From: Ms. Actress
You, send the design of my dress. I need to see it. Hurry up while I'm still on break. DM it to me on IG or else, I'll call you.

"Elaine texted." I informed Crisel.

"What did she said?" She asked while cleaning up the things on her desk.

"She wants me to send her the design of the dress she'll be wearing when my day comes."

Crisel clicked her tongue against her teeth, making a 'tsk' sound. "Sabihin mo ayaw ng gumawa. Kaka-ligpit ko lang tapos guguluhin na naman niya yung pagkaka-ayos ko."

"Ikaw na magsabi. Natawag na eh." Natatawa ko pang sagot habang tinitingnan ang screen ng cellphone ko.

"Ayaw niya po ipakita, madam." Sabi ko while facing the camera, it was a video call.

["Who's ayaw magpa-kita? Is it the designer herself, how panget naman ng service! I'll tell the whole world talaga na don't hire her."] Loko pa niya.

"Sige lang. Mas lalo kong hindi ipapakita sayo tong isusuot mo. Marunong naman mag-tagalog, ang hilig pa maging conyo." Binulong ni Crisel ang panghuli pero narinig parin siya ni Elaine so they started barking at each other again like they usually do.

["I heard you ah! Porket you're so successful na rin, lumalala na yang pagka-mean mo."]

"Mukha mo talaga mean. Ito na, oh! Apaka-arte, jusko." Bumalik na naman sa pagka-bata si Crisel habang pinapakita kay Elaine ang dress niya.

["Oh my, how ganda! I'm relieved na tuloy na I won't be looking like a lola sa wedding day ni Estella- Eli, we need to start again.- Oh, ok! Just a minute!"] She turned her head back to the camera and waved. ["We need to shoot another scene na ulit. Bye na, you guys. Take care, I love the both of you kahit hindi halata."] She was laughing when she ended the call.

Napa-ligpit na naman ng gamit si Crisel dahil sa hindi inaasahang pag-tawag ng magaling naming kaibigan.

"You just need to pay half the price, ako na bahala sa isa pang kalahati. And of course, that's not only my gift, meron pa. I just want to help with the expenses kahit halos pocket money niyo lang naman yung gagastusin niyo. How to be rich? Pakisagot naman oh." Crisel seemed so gullible today, she said several jokes already.

"Why don't you ask yourself? You're as successful as me and the amount we're about to pay for the preparations are also just pocket money for you." She just shrugged, feeling proud now because it took her a lot before she could even get this high. Knowing her story is like knowing how to be fighter because all her life, she's been one.

We said our goodbyes and went separate ways, it took us one whole day to talk about things I need to prepare for our wedding.

I looked at our engagement ring that was kept safely on my ring finger. I could still not get over the fact that I'm going to be married in just a few months and knowing that Gavin will be my future husband, I felt even more relieved.

Even now, I'm sure that my future with him will be the happiest.

"Baby, I'm home!"

When he heard my voice, he stood up from sitting on the couch to give me a tight hug and a kiss on the head.

"Did you ate already?" I asked since it's already late, talking Crisel really did took over my day.

"No. I was waiting for you."

I was in awe when I saw food on our table already.

"You learned another dish? This is new, you've never cooked me this before." I picked up the spoon from my plate and took a bite to taste his new learned recipe.

"I learned it last week from Mom and decided to cook it for you tonight."

"Wow. It's really good!" I gave him the praise he deserves, he really got the recipe right!

"Sir Fiance as your part time chef. It's nice knowing that you liked my cooking, Miss!" He bowed down with a hand on top of his stomach.

There he is being himself again. Gosh, how am I keeping up with him through all these years even though he's that corny?

"We're only 8 months away from our day, I'm so excited." I said while lying down inside his arms, I was using him as a pillow.

"I'm excited too. 8 months from now, you'll be officially my wife."

"And you'll be officially my husband." I was already feeling sleepy but I was trying to wake myself up so I can talk to him more.

"A CEO and a model sounds like a perfect match in my opinion." I just nodded when I felt my eyes closing against my will.

"Sleep, we can just talk tomorrow. You look tired. Sweet dreams, Ms. Fernandez... In short, dream of me."