Chapter 28

I snuggled with Piggy as the night passed quickly

I snuggled with Piggy as the night passed quickly. I didn't even realized that it was already 6 in the morning when I looked at my phone.

Some light from the rising sun made it's way to my room, I had my window and curtains close but it still peeked through the glass.

I didn't have the chance to sleep or even close my eyes for more than 5 seconds. Elaine's sudden change of mood bugged me.

We met yesterday, with Crisel joining us, to get my foot checked.

It unexpectedly took a long while for it to heal, contradicting to what Coll said. Maybe it was because he was in panic when he looked at my foot that he injured.

It was already a month that has passed since that happen and also a month has passed since I last talked to Elaine, it was my first time to see her again yesterday after hearing her sobbing over the phone.

I knew something was off right from the very start, both me and Crisel knew because she wasn't as jolly as she used too.

She didn't even smiled once throughout the whole day, she was always looking down. 'Ni hindi nga siya nagsasalita pwera nalang kung siya mismo ang kakausapin namin.

Her eyebags had their own set of black bags, she's been crying every night, that was the most obvious thing you can see on her.

She wasn't very styly with her pick of clothes like the usual Elaine De Guzman too. She was wearing some baggy, oversized hoodie that looked like.. Carter's and some long black sweatpants.

She didn't even looked bothered, some other things were occupying her focus. Something she wasn't ready to tell us but still so obvious stayed in her mind and has been blocking other things from coming in her consciousness.

When we were about to separate ways, she suddenly hugged the two of us, me and Crisel, from the back while squishing her face between our bodies.

I felt something cold rolled down our clothes, she was crying. She couldn't handle the pain anymore so we instantly hugged her back.

I know how much she's hurt. I've been through her situation before.. and it wasn't easy.

There were times that I'll think of him and just randomly tear up or if I see something that reminds me of him, I'll go straight to the nearest market or store and buy a handful of beers.

Crying and drinking were my ways to cope. I knew it wasn't healthy but there's something in the way that the heat from the beer's taste just rolls down my throat made me relaxed.

It helped me get up from my bed after a night of crying my eyes out, it helped me eat my way out of hunger but still, I wouldn't let Elaine do that to herself.

I, we, will be with her throughout her healing process. No matter how long it will take, we will always be at each other's side, ready to be a shoulder to cry on, a handkerchief that will wipe each other's tears and a friend to hug and protect our fragile hearts.