Don't trust

The drive was long. We took breaks, but it was still long. I was sure this was far away from the airport. I knew.. I pushed myself to not think about anything. Not stress about it. Maybe he was going to tell me somthing about the place. Maybe it was a surprise. I did not like that. All I could thingk about was..

"You want to know where we are going?" He broke the silence. Of course I wanted to know everything, but I knew something was up with the question.

"I know how this goes. I say yes and you won't say a thing until we are there. So no thank you." I didn't look away from the window. I knew he was smiling at those words, but I also knew if I turned around now.. I would make a mistake.. Oakley turned a sharp turn I had not seen and drove up a hill. The path was strange. One you wouldn't find that easy. He stopped the car next to some odd colored ones. It was strange. The parking was perfectly for the amount of cars. Oakley reached for something in the side of his door and pushed it in my hands. A strange color notebook.

"Everything you need to know is in there. I hope you can read the letters. Keep it on you at all times. Just pretend it is your diary or something." He spoke to me while looking at the front window. My eyes were focused on him and the notebook.

"Sure. Anything else I should know or do?" I dared to say. I wished I could take those words back. Hide them away and never speak them again.

"Just stay as close to me as possible. They might seem nice, but they really arn't that nice sometimes. So please watch out when you can." He took his time saying the words. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Stay as close as possible to him. That wouldn't be that difficult. He was everywhere. Unless he might have to leave for his work. I really hoped that wasn't going to happen while we were here. That would mean I was going to be alone. Alone with his friends. Who I didn't know.. And who did not bother to introduce themselfs. I do remember them a bit. I wonder if those were going to be the same friends..

"Are they going to be the same friends I met at that party? The ones who did not introduced themselfs?" I asked. Oakley shook his head at my words. The notebook suddenly felt much more heavy in my hands.

"These are my friends from when I was younger. The ones you met were just some friends I have from the job. This is the real deal. They have been bothering me about dating since they knew what dating was. These people are not to be messed with. Some of them will try to give you a hard time. Specially one of them. You will know which one. Just stay as close as possible to me. Let me anwser most of the questions. And stop worrying. They will see that. They are all actors so whatever you do. Do not believe most of the things they say because they will test you on things. They really can be nice, but they will give you a hard time and that is my fault."

I hugged the notebook to my chest. The stress in my body was rushing. These people were not to be trusted. But why would Oakley still hang out with them? Maybe they were really good friends. Acting like jerks, but then they are really nice in the end. I hope they don't see this all isn't going to fall trough the first second. I kind of want to see what they are like.

"So your friends.. Are they going to except me?" I didn't want to say them, but I did. Oakley turns to me. Finally after all this time he looks at me. Really looks at me.

"Hey, if they don't we get back in this car. go home and they can all go to hell." He reaches for my hand that isn't holding the notebook. This has been the second time he touches my hand. I suppouse it isn't special, but I can't help but feel it. I feel heard..