Ten Months In

Sundrop lazed on a pile of pillows sitting on the ground in the green house, the afternoon sun warming her swollen belly as she let her tail sway behind her. She was a month away from her due date and per her doctor's orders she was to take the rest of her pregnancy away from her high stress job. If Sundrop had been possibly a florist or some sort of laid back career she could have gotten away with carrying on with her business but, running a country was a blood pressure raising hair pulling job. So to celebrate Sundrop lazed with a book and sunglasses, her and her baby just together being relaxed. Sundrop munched on a plate of bacon sitting on a nearby table, her hunger was as strong as ever and her little snacks throughout the day kept her sane.

She was going to take a nap when the door of the greenhouse swung open, Sundrop lowered her sunglasses and tried to look behind her towards the door. Saffron angrily walked up to Sundrop and looked down at her, Sundrop scrunched her nose and gave her a look to say what she needed to say. "Flame wanted me to check on you." Saffron almost gagged on the words that came out of her mouth, Sundrop snorted and pushed her sunglasses back up. "Tell him to send a different messenger next time, now get out of my sight." Sundrop growled, laying her head down on the pillow piles, Saffron stamped her foot on the floor and Sundrop looked up at her.

"One day you'll regret treating me like this!" Saffron spat pinning her ears back, Sundrop growled at Saffron and she stepped back a little. "You'll regret lusting for my husband!" Sundrop barked, slamming her book on the floor, Saffron gasped and Sundrop just flashed an angry grin. "Yeah I know, I've known since the trip. Get out of my sight." Sundrop laid her head down with a sour look, and she listened as Saffron quickly left Sundrop alone. Sundrop grumbled to herself and slowly got up on her feet, she felt her knees scream at her. She sighed as she walked out of the greenhouse and onto the lawn of the castle park, Birds chirped above her as joggers and mothers pushing strollers walked along the many paths.

Sundrop chose a shady oak tree to lay down, with a huff she laid her head against the grass. She listened to the leaves rustling above her and the little spots of sunlight that peeked through the canopy danced around on the ground. Sundrop felt at rest, as she closed her eyes and began to nap. She would let her eyes flutter open occasionally only to close them again, then Sundrop heard the door to the greenhouse creek open. Sundrop lifted up her head as Flame sauntered over and laid down next to her, Sundrop hummed and they shared a kiss.

"You're not on family leave yet." Sundrop teased with a smile, Flame chuckled and took off his crown. "Lunch break." Flame whispered, kissing Sundrop's cheek and placing his crown on top of Sundrop's bloated belly, Sundrop sighed happily. "I don't want Saffron anywhere near me or the baby." Sundrop mumbled to Flame, he looked at her perplexed and then just nodded, And with a huff Sundrop laid her head back down. "I was thinking of a name today." Flame whispered laying his head behind hers, she hummed and he relaxed himself. "Flare, I think it's pretty good right?" Flame stretched his wings and wrapped one around Sundrop, she nodded and let her eyes shut. "I like the name Solar." Sundrop muttered, getting more comfortable in Flames embrace.

He hummed and Sundrop sighed as her body fully relaxed. Sundrop was just on the brink of sleep when Flame jerked his head up, Sundrop rose her head in shock as he got up and stood over her. "Flame What is going on?" Sundrop questioned trying to move Flame so she could stand up, but he stood at attention until finally with a sigh he moved and helped Sundrop up. "I could have sworn I saw a camera flash." Flame growled, walking Sundrop back into the greenhouse, Sundrop rolled her eyes at him and walked back over to her pillow set up in the sunlight.

She looked down at them and questioned if she really wanted to struggle to lay down and get up or if she should just go do something else, Flame walked up next to her and gave her a questioning look. "I think I'm going to go to the library." Sundrop explained as she began to walk out of the room, Flame followed at her side and Sundrop gave him a sideways look when he tried to follow her upstairs. "I'm just worried." Flame sighed putting a hand on Sundrops shoulder, she smiled and shook her head.

"I'm fine, I'm at home and I'm relaxed. There's no better place to be!" Sundrop tried to soothe Flames parental instincts, he just nodded with a sigh. She gave him a kiss and made her way up to the library, and he reluctantly went back to work. Sundrop was slower on her feet but she didn't mind, she felt like she had nowhere to be. Sundrop began to realize as the months have gone by she has been looking forward to the new baby more and more, it could be because of the attention or the hormones flowing through her but even if she was huge she still felt like she was content.

She was happy waiting for her baby, and part of her was glad it was only a month away.