Ambiguous

Ambiguous: adjective \am-ˈbi-gyə-wəs\: able to be understood in more than one way ; having more than one possible meaning

        Lara Koenig faces an inevitable question on an almost daily basis; what are you? These inquiries are usually innocent and lacking harmful intentions, but tend to be intrusive and dehumanizing. Sometimes, Lara feels as if she's only an entity to be considered "exotic," a mysterious blend of tanned skin and dark eyes in which the contents of her soul simply do not have a place. 

        Calum Hood has encountered a similar problem multitudes of instances. In passing, people assume his flat nose and black hair signifies Asian ancestry. While these are completely incorrect, he ceased supplying perpetrators with factual information regarding his family. He has much more significant issues to be resolved at this point. With Calum's grades slipping and his soccer career threatened, he decides that he no longer has time for petty assumptions or the friends who don't understand why they make him absolutely furious. 

        When Lara is forced to complete a psychology project with Calum as her partner, the two must learn to find peace within each other before they take on the hell and silence of the world. 

--

A/N: in other words this is my college essay in fan fic form lol and i totally ship myself with calum bc we'd have tri-racial babies okay

 and fan fics NEED ambiguously racial protagonists before i lose my mind. let's pray that this eventually gets like a thousand reads lol