Chapter 34

The night was cold but the stars were beautiful. Beautiful enough for a walk. She couldn't sleep. No matter how she tried to, she had a heaviness in her heart, an emptiness she wasn't sure she could fill. She needed to clear her head, to wrap it around the few weeks that had just passed by.

Being there, being at the hospital had brought a lot of memories, sad memories, a lot of worries to her heart. Her heart was heavy and taking deep breaths while watching the stars always helped. Her court maid had recommended the open royal pool and her recommendation was perfect.

The royal pool was indeed beautiful. Anne-Marie could see the stars no matter where she stood. The entire room was filled with white fixtures and walls. The scenery had to be the most beautiful she had ever seen in her entire life, and the pool it had to be the most soothing area in the entire palace, very calm too. Calm enough to put her in the mood she needed to be. She narrowed her gaze towards the sparkling pool water. The blue lights in the huge pool were beautiful and it made the water so enchanting. Too bad she couldn't get in.

Anne-Marie slowly pulled herself into one of the white chaise lounges, burying her head into the book in her hands, her small diary. It was the only thing she had from her former life, her real life. The only thing she had besides the key holder that reminded her of the life she belonged to. Writing in her diary was her escape place, that little book was where she kept everything about herself. It was her life and that was why she kept the fact that she had brought it from crystal lake from Oliver because she knew if she told him, he was never going to let her keep it.

In the wrong hands, her diary could be a really dangerous tool for their plan. That was why she never took it out of her sight. She took it everywhere with her. What was she supposed to do? No one besides the Vutron's were supposed to know who she was, who she really was so she couldn't really talk about it with anyone, the secret was killing her and so was her anxiety, writing down how she felt was the only way to let off steam once in a while.

She opened the book.

"Dear diary...."

She paused.
What was she even going to say? She wasn't sure there was much to talk about besides what happened at the hospital. Her new life was very much the same and she was starting to complain about everything a lot. Was that it? Was she really going to pin down another complaint again?

She exhaled and turned her head towards the pool. She had a lot to say, but she was tired of writing them all down, of writing down the same things over and over again. She could see her reflection inside the water and she could see the stars too.

She looked just like her and with everyday that passed, the resemblance became even more noticeable. It had only been a few weeks and she was already starting to get too used to this life, to her life. Everyday that passed, every second she pretended to be Paris felt like she was starting to go under, to go in too deep and she couldn't just imagine when it was all going to end.

She couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen when she got caught, if she got caught. She was scared. Every day of her life, not being able to talk to anyone about it, scared her. Everyday she woke up, it was another scary day of always wondering how long she had left till it happened, till one of her friends found out who she really was, till the king and queen found out the truth, till he found out the truth, Aiden.

She held her breath for a second and turned back to her diary. She closed it slowly. There was nothing really to write about. Nothing she hadn't written before anyway. She turned back to the water and froze for a second.

It wasn't as still as it was a few seconds ago. She narrowed her eyes into the pool as she saw something start to rise from inside it, more like a figure and then black hair. Aiden pulled his hair out of the water quickly and it made her shoot up from the lounge in a second, widening her eyes as the rest of his body stood above the water.