Chapter 4

Gerardo's POV

I scowled at Lilith's retreating figure, hate that puttana. My bother jogged over to me with a amused look on his face, "You two can't stop bartering, can you?" He asks chuckling.

I give him a death glare and he shoots his hands up in surrender, "One of these days, I'll kill her" I sneer at that bitch.
"Oh come on! You hate her that much?" My brother asks amused.
"From the moment I saw her a year back!" I spat as we make our way out of the house and into the woods. There is a small tunnel leading to a large underground dungeon.

He shakes his head, "You two really are something!" He sighs. I huff in annoyance, "Fratello, per favore, fammi un favore e cerca di non farle del male. È la mia settimana di fidanzamento e Layla vuole davvero passare del tempo con sua sorella senza alcun dramma." (Brother please do me a favour and try not to hurt her. It's my engagement week and Layla really wants to spent time with her sister without any drama.)He said seriously.

Now it's my turn to look at him with a smirk, "Cosa sei? bipolare o qualcosa del genere? e per l'amor di Dio, non uscire con la tua donna così tanto, sei diventato una versione maschile di lei, lunatico!" (What are you? bipolar or something? and for God's sake don't hangout with your woman so much, you've become a male version of her, moody!)
I joked as we enter the tunnel.

"Un lunatico bipolare? Sì, fratello, io prendo dopo di te!" (A moody bipolar? yes brother, i take after you!) He mocks me. I grin at him making him take a run for his life as I chase him.

.

.

.

.

Lilith's POV

Layla and I spend the entire day hanging in my room, "By the way, did you tell mom?" I ask looking at her. I was sprawled on the bed while Layla had a bottle of wine in her hand lying on her side on the floor.

"Yeah I did, she is coming on the day of the engagement" she said making me hmm.
"Have you picked out dates yet?" I ask my head hanging off from the edge of the bed.

"Yeah we was thinking about this August..." She trailed off. I sit up straight in shock, "So soon? Have you decided on everything? The venue? Colour scheme? Dress? Location? How will you do all of these in such a short time?" I ask in confusion. A small smirk makes its way in her lips, "My fiance is filthy rich" she snorts making me chuckle.

"You're happy na?" I ask after a minute of silence. She looks at me with a smile, "The happiest I have ever been. He completes me, Lilith! My life becomes so much more beautiful when I am with him. He is my world" she says dreamily.
I shake my head with a smile, "Then that's all that matters to me!" I said as another round of silence envelopes us.

"I also called dads, Kellian and Jace for the party" she says out of nowhere. I sigh and look at her, "I kinda of knew you'd do that... So I am not exactly surprised" I reply to her and look the other way.

"Have you invited Sam?" I try to change the subject. I heard a hmm from her, "She said she is not sure she'd be able to come but will try her best." She replied to me. Sam, Layla and I were high school bff's. We were pretty close but when I had graduated sophomore year I had randomly applied for a scholarship in a very big institution and just my luck, I got it. We never came from a rich family, we were just middle class family and studying in such a big school was a great opportunity that I couldn't pass.

I wouldn't lie and say that after going to that prestigious school my attitude or approach did not change.

It changed, for good.