Part II!

Anne and Gilbert stood on the small step. Anne's mind and heart raced.

Gilbert Blythe just kissed me! And I kissed him back! Gilbert Blythe and I just kissed!!

"Gilbert..." Anne said. Gilbert scratched the back of his head and plastered on a goofy smile.

"That was my 'you're welcome.'" Anne laughed. Gilbert once again took Anne's hands into his. "Anne," he said softly, "I have loved you since the day I met you. Ever since you whacked your slate over my head. I have always loved you, and only you." Anne's eyes shone with tears. The words made her weak in the knees, but she forced herself to not faint before her true love.

"Gilbert..." she reached out her hand and caressed his face. "So long I imagined what it would be like to meet the love of my life, but I he was always right there in front of me." A tear rolled down her cheek. "I love you, too." Gilbert let out a sigh of relief and smiled. Anne placed her hands on Gilbert's neck and Gilbert wrapped his strong arms around Anne's waist, pulling her close for another kiss. Strange, it was, that none of them have ever kissed anyone before, but as soon as their lips touched, it was as if they had kissed each other hundreds of times before.

After years of hiding their feelings for each other behind contempt and competitions and excuses, they were finally in each other's arms, neither willing to ever let go of the other.

the end :)