Chapter-6 The Paper frog

Even the hot sunshine can't break down Sam's excitement.

So, he is waiting in a long queue to make a train reservation to Coorg. The smile on his face is brighter than the brightest sunshine. After a long wait and after creating a lots of fantasies to find his parents, Sam finally got a reservation scheduled for an hour later.

After getting his ticket, Sam sat under a shady tree on a bench to take rest. Next to him stood a vender selling roasted peanuts. Sam has never tried such things before. So, he bought some. The vender gave him the peanuts in a beautiful paper made cone. Sam paid the vender and gave him a tip too for his good service.

Sam came back to his bench and started to enjoy his salty and crispy roasted peanuts. A while passed like that until Sam finished his afternoon snack. After eating up the peanuts Sam was about to throw the paper cone when an idea stuck in his mind. He remolded the pare cone in a plain paper and made a jumpy frog out of it.

"Wow Bhaiya, this frog is cool." said a little boy standing next to Sam.

Sam looked at the boy and gave a big smile, said,"Oh! Thank you."

"Bhaiya can you make one for me too?" asked the boy.

"Hmm" Sam thought for a while and said," Yes, I can. But I don't have any more paper. So, if you can give me a square plain paper then I will make you a paper frog too."

"But I don't have any." The boy made a sad face.

Sam didn't know what to say now to make the boy happy so he decided to give him his frog and said," How about I give you my frog. You can take mine. I will make another one when I will have a paper."

The boy looked towards Sam and thought for a while, after a while the boy said," No, I can't yours. My mom and dad say that we should not take anything for free from anyone. So, I can't take your frog for free."

Hearing such a thought from the boy, Sam smiled and said petting slowly on his hair," Your mom and dad say absolutely right. You must not take anything from anyone for free. It's not a good thing. So, you must pay for anything you take from anyone you don't know. But what do we do now. You don't have anything to give me in return of my frog."

"Wait, I will ask my mom and dad for something. Wait here for me." said the boy.

The boy went running to his mom and dad who were buying him peanuts from the same vender. The boy pulled his parents to Sam and said," Mom! Dad! I want that frog."

"Ben, you are troubling someone again" said the lady.

"Mom, I am not troubling anyone. I just want that frog." said Ben.

Good afternoon sir, mam. Don't scold him. He is a cute boy. He is not troubling me at all." said Sam smilingly to the lady.

"Good afternoon." The lady greeted back. She then turned towards Ben and asked," Is your Bhaiya telling the truth. You didn't cause him trouble."

"No mom, I already told you. I just want that frog. But you told me not to take anything from anyone for free so, I called you to buy me the frog." replied the boy in a sincere voice.

"He is telling the truth mam. He is a great boy that he knows such manners at such a young age." Sam praised Ben for his good manners.

"Mom, Dad! Buy me the frog now. Please! Please!" insisted Ben again and again.

"You don't have to buy it. You can have it for free because now I know your parents so I am not a stranger anyone. Now, you can have it right." said Sam.

"You are right bhaiya" the boy said in a cheerful voice, "Then I am taking your frog for free and I will not return it to you. I am telling you in advance. Huh!"

Sam laughed and said," Don't worry I will not take it back from you. Here you go." Sam gave the paper frog to Ben. Ben was happy to full. He was jumping in happiness with his frog.

"Now say thank you to your bhaiya. Quick." The couple urged Ben.

"Thank you bhaiya for the frog" Ben thanked Sam and got busy with his frog again.

The arrival of Sam's train in a few minutes was announced by the railway announcer.

Sam picked up his luggage bags and said," My train is going to arrive soon. So, I will take my leave."

"Oh! Oh! Sure. You should go now in case you miss your boarding." replied the couple.

"Ok dear Ben. Enjoy your time with your frog and don't lose it." Sam said to Ben and started to walk away from there.

"Ok Bhaiya. I will make sure not to lose it. Bye Bhaiya." Ben bid his farewell to Sam as Sam left from there.

Sam had his first beautiful encounter in the new world he just entered. A paper frog born out of Sam's afternoon snacks became a beautiful memory for him. Also, maybe many more such beautiful encounters are waiting for him. Sam's train has arrived. His journey to Coorg will soon begin. But one thing is not clear yet. Sam is going on his journey to Coorg for what? To find his parents or for THE WISH OF TEARS.