Chapter one: (Dereks POV)

Chapter one: 

(Derek’s POV)

      My fingers danced across my knee cap to the rhythm of the beat that played loudly in my ear.

 “Derek would you turn that crap down,” My father said harshly to me from the front seat, so in reply I turned it up louder. He glared at me in the rearview mirror and I smirked. He deserved it.

  He drags me to a new town, claiming we need it. Whatever. I don’t need his crap. I have to start a new life, meet new people, and connect. Seriously? Does he have death wish for me. I barley fit into my old town. I was a misfit, I didn’t belong, and I never would.

  And this wasn’t just a town; it was an island, a freaking island. I had to get on a boat.  Why must he torture me?

  But this island was weird, the minute I entered it I felt sick, like a veil of darkness covered its surface, concealing all within, its many dark secrets. My father tells me I am delusional but I call it creativity, something he lacks highly of.

  We enter the main center of the town an old battered sign hangs from a torn up wooden post reading the words

   Welcome, To the Town Of Odyssey

  There are old stores surrounding a square of grey marble stones and centered in the middle is a giant water fountain in the shape of an odd bird. It had the body of a marvelous sparrow but the face of an elegant woman. Its carving deeply enriching, water spouted out of the creature’s mouth, landing gently into the base of the statues body.

   My eyes following it curiously until it was departed from my eyesight. Leaving me wondering what the creature was. But the thought quickly was dismissed from my brain when I saw the house that my car was parked in front of.

  “Holy crap,” Was all that managed to escape from the lips. My jaw was probably touching the ground, but who cared?

 The house was at least three stories high, white bricks stacked on top of each other, black stained windows, tall cream pillars, and white steps leading up to a  giant black wooden door.  Green ivy crept up its delicate walls, giving the home a hint of color.

 I opened my door and pressed my feet onto the gravel drive way, staring up in wonder.

“This is our house?” I asked in complete awe.

“It’s a beauty isn’t it?” My Father replied, “You can pick out any room in the house, heck you can have the whole top floor, but the first is mine for my studies.”

  “Got it,” And with that I ran into the house.

                                         .                                          .                                          .

     When you first walk in there are two marble stair cases leading up to another floor. And hanging above was a massive chandelier dangling from the stories above. Its tear drop crystals glistened in the rays of the effulgent sun.  And on the second floor at the very end of the hall was a spiral stair case leading to my floor.

   Among the third floor were many large rooms with bathrooms, but none suited my taste. I was about to pick one at random when I noticed that one of the halls was shorter than the other. The one to the left had a good three rooms more that the right. The wall at the end of the left had a window and the on the right had a dresser. So I walked down to examine it closer when I saw that there was an outline of a door surrounding the dresser.

    I pressed my hand against the wall, flexing my muscles. The wall flipped leading me into a new room, a room the suited me very well. It has a tall canopy bed, a large window that covered a whole wall, a giant rug, and a mirror that sat collecting dust in the corner.

    Maybe I would like it here.