c h a p t e r. 33

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜
Genesis
July 4, 2018

🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜GenesisJuly 4, 2018

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"It's the 4th of July. How do we not have fireworks?" I ask, driving Leon to a firework store.

 How do we not have fireworks?" I ask, driving Leon to a firework store

"I don't know." He says, shrugging.

"Why couldn't Micah get them? It's not like he was busy or anything." I say, and we get out my Jeep and walk into the store.

"Lemme call mom to see if she needs something else," I say while unlocking my phone and call her.

"Hey, ma, do you need anything else while we're out?" I ask as Leon puts fireworks in the buggy.

"No, we're good on the food and drinks, baby." She says, and we go down different aisles.

"Ask her what's the budget," Leon says in my ear.

"Leon wanted to know what the budget is," I tell her, putting sparklers in the buggy.

"$150, but make sure you get big ones." She tells me and hanging up.

"$150 is our budget, but make sure they aren't the off-brand ones," I inform him, and we separate to get more fireworks.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"Can we just leave the fireworks in here?" Leon asks once we got home.

"I don't see the harm," I say as we look in the back of my Jeep.

"Aye, y'all need help?" Micah asks from behind us, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Not yours," I tell him as Leon and I start to take the fireworks out of my truck. While Leon and I got closer, Micah and I drifted apart.

The first month we spoke every day over the phone, and he would tell me about their practices, but that soon became less because we started to get used to being apart from each other. After one month of being in Miami, he decided to go back here before the season began, and he started calling me again every day, but that was probably because he knew no one there and needed someone to talk to.