Chapter Two

"Look it's Rainy Day Stevens," Jackson calls as I walk through the door.

"Why do you call me that again?" I ask him. It's an odd and weird name.

"Have you seen yourself Stevens? You're so quiet, dark, deep whatevs! Like rainy..." he trails off, staring at me.

Jackson is the most annoying person I've ever met that's not related to me or Sam Baker. He's almost a nerd, and would be one if he wasn't on the football team.

He gives almost everyone off names that apparently "state the person"

"I'm not rainy," I say, "I'm not dark. Have you seen the right girl? I'm the one who's partying all night with my neighbors."

Jackson shrugs and takes his seat, which is right behind mine.

Amelia Rienhart runs into the classroom at full speed, trying not to get the 18th tardy in a row.

"Not late!" She laughs as she sits down next to me. She throws her backpack under the desk and smiles at me.

Her teeth are lined with 2 rows of emerald green braces. Amelia is one of those people who try to fit in and do whatever they can to do it.

Her hair is a deep pink, with blue diamond dolphin clips everywhere there was hair. She has on grape clear lip gloss, which I can smell and see.
The most important detail is Amelia's big, nerdy glasses that sit on her nose.
She's a down right idiot to be exact.

"Class I know you all had a fabulous summer," Mr. Wotes says, flopping his way into the classroom.

"I sure did! Two whole gallons of-" he stops to smile at everyone.

"Nobody cares!" Miranda calls out, laughing.

Mr. Wotes snarls at her, and takes out his big purple binder labeled 'SCHOOL WORK TO BE DONE BY THE END OF SUMMER'

He opens it up and peers inside. He takes out a stack of yellowed papers and commands me to pass them out.

"Emma Stevens, pass these papers out and then give each person a purple pencil."

I stand up, brushing my long blond hair on Amelia's shoulder. Picking up the papers, I pass one out to every student in the class.

Returning to Mr.Wotes, I grab the purple pencils as well, and pass them out.

Mr. Wotes is in love with purple. It's purple EVERYTHING to him, and he wants all students to know. He's sorta a nutcase, with two divorced wives and 7 children. He was utterly mindless.

"Your assignment is written on your paper, so do it, with the purple pencil." Mr. Wotes instructs.

The rest of the class flies by, each assignment odder than the last.

By the time class is over, I have a headache. This is going to be a very long year.