Chapter 1- The Party

[If you would like to see what Emily, Jughead's fiancée looks like, you can go to my tumblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/bettys-news and her pictures are under the hashtag #love salvatore !!]

"Surprise!"

Jughead's blindfold was yanked off of him, and his eyes slowly adjusted to the environment around him. The harsh multi-colored lights blinded him, and the blaring music made his body tingle from the vibrations on the seat. He was in a limo surrounded by five of his closest friends from college, who were laughing as they raised their alcoholic beverages in the air and took a drink from them. Jughead was a bit confused as to what was happening at first, but the shot glasses, cigars, and mini party favors gave it away.

It was his surprise bachelor party.

Jughead was getting married in a few weeks to Emily, a girl he met in his first year of college. The two met at a party and hit it off right away. Jughead was never the partying type, but his roommate Gunner convinced him to go the first weekend they were there. The three of them became good friends, and not long after, Gunner found a girlfriend named Jessica, and the four of them started going on double dates together. By late fall semester, Jughead and Emily made it official, and the two have been together ever since. A week after college graduation, Jughead proposed, and she accepted. It wasn't his initial plan to marry by the time he was 23. Truthfully, Jughead had always envisioned his future to be with his high school girlfriend, but devastatingly, the two got into a heated argument after their high school prom, which resulted in a deep-seated conversation about their future. They decided it was in their best interest to go their separate ways, and that was the last time Jughead had heard from her. He spent countless hours missing her when he went off to college, but the lack of communication forced him to move on, and luckily, Emily was right there.

"Jones, chug this." Gunner handed him a silver flask, and Jughead stared down at it with a feared look on his face. "What is it?"

"I don't know." He gasped for air, shriveling his nose after chugging an entire beer can. "I think it's vodka. Who cares? Just drink it." Jughead unscrewed the top of the flask before bringing it up to his mouth and drank the contents of it. He immediately pulled it away from his mouth after the first gulp of liquid burned the inside of his throat, causing him to cough. "Oh, my god." He had a revolting look on his face as he wiped the excess liquid that escaped his mouth from his chin.

"Don't be such a pussy," Gunner said as he smiled, then brought his fist up in the air aggressively. "Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" He chanted, and the rest of them chimed in. Jughead crinkled his nose and took a deep breath, preparing himself before he shoved it back to his mouth and gulped it down. The guys were cheering in celebration as they watched the 23-year old groomsman devour every drop. Jughead started to feel the burning sensation consume his head as he swallowed the last drop of alcohol. He pulled it away from his mouth and groaned at the extreme taste. "Fuck." He tossed the empty flask onto the seat next to him and leaned back against the backrest of the seat. "You guys suck."

"Yeah!" One of his other friends patted him harshly on the shoulder a couple of times. "How do you feel?"

"Like I have idiot friends." He smiled, and his body stayed slumped back against the seat as he observed the chaos in front of him. One of the guys was shifting through songs, trying to find one to fit the mood.

"Dude, you're getting married!" Gunner plopped down on the seat in front of him and grabbed a champagne glass from its holder.

Jughead chuckled. "Yeah."

"That's crazy. How are you not freaking out right now?"

He shrugged. "There's nothing to freak out about."